Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Official 2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
HRT was basically shaking down an F1 car during qualifying.

Someone's gonna get killed.

Old 03-26-2011, 02:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to beholdblackhole522 is a splendid one to behold
That's kinda sad though for HTR's owner/creator

Old 03-26-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
1/2/Barichello

Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ You had the same lineup as Paul. Too bad about Rubens.

In the long term, he will be a keeper.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:16 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I think if a team falls outside the 107% rule at the beginning of the season that the rules should allow them to do more testing independent of the other teams. I am not sure how feasible that would be as I'm sure arranging an F1 test session is no small matter, but otherwise they will just be back at the next race with little improvement. This lack of in-season testing is still a mistake.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I think if a team falls outside the 107% rule at the beginning of the season that the rules should allow them to do more testing independent of the other teams. I am not sure how feasible that would be as I'm sure arranging an F1 test session is no small matter, but otherwise they will just be back at the next race with little improvement. This lack of in-season testing is still a mistake.

>8^)
ER
I agree about the in-season testing ban.

But you can't let a team have testing if they suck.

That would create a perverse incentive for teams to try and do poorly JUST so they could get the extra testing.

Then they would spend it on the next season's car.

You could never be sure that they were developing the car for that season.

Impossible to police and Ferrari would throw a shit-fit.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ESPNF1.com always has this tremendous recap after qualifying and the race.

Always worth reading and all in one place.

Who said what after qualifying in Melbourne | Australian Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

I love how it says "HRT: To Follow." Ha Ha!! They can't even make a statement!

Last edited by Barrister; 03-26-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:40 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
That's why I clarified with 'beginning of the season'. This idea would be for teams who haven't made a grid yet, not for a team who is comfortably ahead in the points at the end of the season to skip a race so they could gain some testing miles for next year. That would be crazy-talk.

Right now HRT would be the only team that would be eligible in my mind. If another team doesn't make the grid in Malaysia due to 107% they wouldn't be allowed the same consideration since they were already fast enough here in Aussie-land.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ If any car is so slow and its driver so inexperienced that it causes danger for other drivers, that team should have never been given an entry.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
That ESPN recap is good, but it isn't too informative. Unless they placed the pole position, the response is the same: "yes we are disappointed" blah blah

Quick Reply: Official 2011 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix Banter Thread