Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Kimi Raikkonen: No Interest In F1 Comeback

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Kimi Raikkonen: No Interest In F1 Comeback

From this week's Autosport Magazine.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
*sadface* He's one hell of a driver. F1 ain't the same without him.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
People probably don't want to hear this but I'm over Raikkonen. I enjoyed watching him drive when he was into it(I was shouting at the TV when he and Hamilton diced it up at Spa in the rain in 2008) but when Raikkonen wasn't into F1 it was clear - if he's not into it anymore then it's not worth having him back.

Given the political climate and baggage that comes with F1 - he'll never come back and that's OK - because it probably wouldn't be like it use to be.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
to be honest, he didn't seem that "into it" even in his championship year but regardless i think he's proven whatever he set out to prove and that's good enough for him. he's one of the best natural talents to ever grace an F1 cockpit, remember he did 23 actual car races (2 seasons in junior formula if i remember correctly) before F1 which is astonishing. he may have just gotten bored and needed a new toy to play with, it happens. F1 misses his persona, he had his quirks but that guy was hilarious. remember he would always be asleep 20 mins before a race? lol

i do think if a compelling enough offer came up and he felt motivated again he would come back, this is a story for the sake of a story. its still the off season fellas.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:38 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
He's had many problems with Ecclestone and has publicly criticized the rules and regulations. He feels it should be racing and only racing, no politics. Rally Racing is exactly that and he is having a hell of a time doing it. That being said Ferrari NEEDS YOU! He was my favorite and still is. Imagine him and Alonso fighting for a championship for the Scuderia...

Old 02-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Don't get me wrong - his personality made him one of the best drivers alone. I enjoyed watching him as he wasn't as PC as the rest of the field - nobody is as direct as he was and that's a shame.

I just didn't want to see him attempt an F1 comeback considering his last season there were only brief moments when he showed interest in the sport. He's definitely a guy who isn't going to do anything beyond what he feels like doing.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Kimi is probably my favorite driver of this era. Just such a unique personality.