Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.
View Poll Results: How should we set up the 2011 F1 Fantasy League?
Fantasy Racers league limited to strategy 1.
94.12%
Fantasy Racers league open to both strategies 1 and 2.
0%
Do not use Fantasy Racers - check out other options.
5.88%
Not interested in joining the league at all this year.
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Formula 1 Fantasy League Feeler Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
2011 Formula 1 Fantasy League Feeler Thread

We are now less than 30-days away from the start of the Formula 1 season in Bahrain.

As over the past 2 years, I would like to set up a Team Speed F1 fantasy league.

This has always been great fun both years we have done it.

In the past, we have used the Fantasy Racers site for our league competition.

As we all know, due to some odd rule changes last year (two budget strategy types and static driver values) the league lost some of its charm.

Nevertheless, Fantasy Racers is - in my opinion - still the best site of its kind and manages a clean, easy game that anyone can play and do well at.

Before reading any further - if you are not familiar with how Fantasy Racers works, take a few minutes to check out the site and get familiar with the basics of the game.

FSPORTS : Free to Play Fantasy F1 Competition - 2011

For those who don't want to read all of that, the key strategy decision is how you use your budget.

There are 2 options when creating your Fantasy Racers team in 2011.

Strategy 1 gives you a starting budget of 40.0m, and unlimited changes to your driver line-up throughout the year. This allows you to refine your team of drivers for each race, and possibly benefit from their changing values as the season unfolds.

Strategy 2 is geared towards those that would prefer to show a bit of loyalty towards their drivers. Once the cut-off for the first race passes, all changes to the driver line-up will be frozen for the duration of the competition. Only where the driver has been dropped or left the series will you be able to draft in a replacement. The reward for adopting this strategy will be a starting budget of 45.0m, 5.0m higher than Strategy 1.

So here is my suggestion: Let's do a Fantasy Racer league again but limit everyone's entry to Strategy 1.

I never liked mixing Strategy 1 and Strategy 2 players in the same league. It took a lot of fun out of the competition. But I will go with the group on this.

Please vote in the poll above. If there are no other suggestions and there is a consensus on how to set it up, I will establish the league this weekend.

I look forward to sharing another exciting F1 season with all of you.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-10-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
What poll?

Edit: I'd rather go 45million since I don't think I will remember to change drivers every other week.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Poll is up now.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I was really disappointed with the rules Fantasy Racers put into effect last year. I'd vote for looking at other options and if we can't find a free site that beats it, stick with option 1.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ I agree.

But the tough part is finding a free site that allows us to create a private league just for TS members.

Autosport costs $15 each and no private leagues.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I kinda forgot about changing my drivers throughout races last year, but I still like option 1. This year should be very exciting.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I came across this site. But it is much more complicated than Fantasy Racers.

Instructions | Fantasy Formula 1

Thoughts?

Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
^ I don't like how you have to pick an engine that is not from the car you picked.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
And you have to pick the final time of the race?? WTF?

Old 02-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
I have never done a fantasy league before. So whatever version gets picked, I am in.

Quick Reply: 2011 Formula 1 Fantasy League Feeler Thread