Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Construction Starts At US Grand Prix Venue

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
I can't f'ing wait!! You guys are all welcome in Houston before or after the race. I'll out up as many as I can hold!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
I hope all goes well with the timing and the facility itself also. Crossing my fingers that this track will be a good track for lots of overtaking!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by avalon53
I hope all goes well with the timing and the facility itself also. Crossing my fingers that this track will be a good track for lots of overtaking!
Tilke tracks have a bad record of being narrow in overtaking spots - especially where sponsor's signs are put.

I like the elevation changes though. That should help things considerably.

Tickets won't go on sale until the track gets FIA approval. Keep an eye out for it and buy directly from the track when they do.

You guys in Austin may really benefit if the track is late getting finished. They had to give out tickets for free to fill the stands in Korea.

Last edited by Barrister; 12-31-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by h20skier
I'll go if Alzilla buys the beers
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'll have the Pacifico waiting on ice for you.
I will help him buy beers if he bows under the pressure. I prefer scotch though, so be prepared for something stiffer just in case.

Originally Posted by bmoores
I can't f'ing wait!! You guys are all welcome in Houston before or after the race. I'll out up as many as I can hold!
I looked at some really nice looking winding roads just north east of Austin the other day. There is a little bit of property there I looked at that would be fun too. The river/lake/dam seems interesting to me too, so I would even think of buying a Condo or similar there if I get some extra cash.

But I would definitely be up for that trip down to Houston. If the Texas Mile is near that weekend that just makes it even better.

Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
DJ- I think you need to get a TS luxury box box....
Press passes? Did I hear some volunteers for press passes? I would be up for that.

Originally Posted by Barrister
Tilke tracks have a bad record of being narrow in overtaking spots - especially where sponsor's signs are put.

I like the elevation changes though. That should help things considerably.
I don't know a whole lot about track designers. What other tracks has he done?

There was a layout posted somewhere, where did it go?

Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
I would be down for going to a race with a bunch of TSers. That would be a lot of fun.

Old 01-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
I really hope they pull this off, but with only 18 months to go, that's a tall order,

Old 01-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll try and keep track with photos of the site throughout the next 2 years. I can't wait for this.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I really hope they pull this off, but with only 18 months to go, that's a tall order,
You don't think that's enough time to pull it off?

Old 01-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VegasFloyd
You don't think that's enough time to pull it off?
It wasn't even close to enough time in Korea.

As you well know Randy, the U.S. has crazy administrative hurdles to overcome when starting a project like this. Also, the project can't afford to run labor 24-hours a day like some other countries often do.

The fact that they only got "provisional" approval to break ground just 2-weeks ago indicates that they are nowhere near ready to start full-fledged construction.

It will be very tight.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
If this happens I will do everything I can to be there as well.

Quick Reply: Construction Starts At US Grand Prix Venue