Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton Says Off The Track Problems Cost Him 2010 Championship

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Sir Jackie put it best when he said Vettel was the only driver with the speed and car fast enough to allow him to make mistakes.

Button: it sux that one of his DNF's was because of the champions error, and the other from a pit crew memebers error.
Alonso: the false start, and monaco was the biggest
Webber: like button taken out by the champ, valencia was an honest drivers error, and korea...well...
Hamilton: needs to learn when to settle for points and understand no drivers going to give him space(if he was japanese he'd be called kamikazee too!)
Vettel: made the best mistakes...if you're gonna crash, take another championship contender down with you!

Button was the longest shot but erase those errors for either driver and they'd have been champion by Brazil!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
As much as I love Hamilton, I'd say that a few lucky races (and his usual brilliant performance in Montreal) are the only reason he stayed in contention for as long as he did this year.

Although he did have a lot of drama going on behind the scenes in his personal life, he should've checked that shit at the door. Hopefully he's got his head back on straight and will continue to focus on blowing the doors off the competition. He's going to have one hell of a challenging season to win the WDC amongst the biggest crop of contenders in the history of the sport though.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This video sums up pretty well my dislike for Hamilton.
GODDAMNIT!

Also this video sums up my adoration of Kimi...

Old 12-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton will be in full swing next year, as I also believe Mclaren will be. I have a feeling Button will be right up there as well

Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The 2008 crash in Canada hurt Lewis more than it did Kimi.

Lewis was winning that race at the time and was in a title fight with Massa.

It sucked for Kimi and was a major brain cramp for Hamilton. But I never really felt all that sorry for The Ice Man.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Hamilton is such a whiner. Everyone has problems in their life from time to time, to use that as an excuse for his poor performance is pretty pathetic.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Nobody ever has "all of their pieces in place" when it comes to life.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Barrister
Nobody ever has "all of their pieces in place" when it comes to life.
Agreed - which is why I dislike Hamilton - he complains about things that he should control or shouldn't let effect his race. His attempt to try and explain/blame away his shunt with Webber in Singapore really annoyed me.

Massa took a spring to the face and he's sucked it up and still tried his best - and that's something to really complain about.

As a professional racer, part of any driver's responsibility to himself and his team is to shut out non-racing distractions and climb into the cockpit and attempt to drive the race of their life - every time.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton is a very good driver but he is still immature when it comes to racing. I've seen it many times while racing karts, a person is very skilled/quick but their just don't yet have the maturity to control their emotions. For Hamilton it will come in time; sooner if he stops making excuses and takes responsibility for hid driving and actions.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
You can't fault Lewis's effort.

I believe that he gives it his all every time. That is one of the reasons he is my favorite driver.

But I agree about the immaturity.

He got better as the season went along, but he still has a ways to go.