Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by smy266
Tbh, I didn't think Vettel was WDC material this year. He definitely proved me wrong.
Really? The guy was on fire this year! Definitely the fastest driver on the grid all season. I thought he deserved it, even though I wanted to see Webber win it in the end.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
I think Michael messed up by retiring too early and now messed up again coming back. Too late and not with a top team. I don't think he will out drive Rossberg at all, he aint got it anymore.

Any thoughts on this?

The cancellation of the controversial team-orders rule is one of the key changes to the 2011 Formula One regulations revealed by the FIA on Friday.
However, the FIA has reminded teams that Article 151c--concerning bringing the sport into disrepute--could still be used. In other words, a move like that made by Ferrari last year in Germany, which caused a public outcry, could still be investigated.
The FIA has approved a number of other changes to the 2011 regulations, many involving penalties and their application, although some have yet to be fully clarified. Among them is a stricter control on flexible front wings via better deflection tests, while the safety-car rules have been addressed once more. Further detail is expected at a later date.
The changes outlined are as follows:
-- The article forbidding team orders (39.1) is deleted. Teams will be reminded that any actions liable to bring the sport into disrepute are dealt with under Article 151c of the International Sporting Code and any other relevant provisions
-- Amendments to the list of penalties stewards are permitted to apply
-- Revisions to driving and driver conduct
-- A limit on the width of the fast lane in the pits
-- The introduction of a regulation permitting the race director to close the pit lane during a race for safety reasons
-- The re-introduction of intermediate tires for 2011
-- Penalties to be applied to any driver who fails to use both specification of dry-weather tire during the race
-- An amendment requiring gearboxes to be used for five consecutive races, instead of four
-- Clarification on when cars can overtake the safety car
-- A refinement to the principles of the regulations already agreed concerning moveable rear wings
-- A better definition of the reference plane, and reinforcement of bodywork deflection tests, especially at the front of the reference plane
-- The allowance for anti-intrusion panels to protect drivers' legs
In addition, the following amendments were made to the 2012 Technical Regulations:
-- Team communications will be made available to broadcasters
-- The inclusion of fuel compounds produced from biomass
-- A limitation on suspension uprights

Read more: Formula One: FIA abandons team-orders rule for the 2011 season - AutoWeek Magazine

Old 12-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Really? The guy was on fire this year! Definitely the fastest driver on the grid all season. I thought he deserved it, even though I wanted to see Webber win it in the end.
I just always thought he was a little too immature and would make mistakes towards the end. He was spot on the last three races. I would've loved to see Webber win it. It sucks he had the shoulder injury. He's a tough guy, and for him to be slightly off Vettel's pace is very impressive.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is a good recap video of the 2010 season. It provides a few good laughs. Hope you all enjoy!

YouTube - FIA Gala 2010 - F1 Season Highlights

Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
True and Absolutely True to the second. I kinda hated that they treated Webber as the #2 or inferior guy and had a great season.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm really excited for KERS to make a comeback. That ought to help make the racing a bit more exciting.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
^ wait til an overboost button when the turbos comeback... now that will be something.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
I disagree completely.

He's not WDC material at all. He has a lot of maturing to do and a crappy designed track handed him the title.

He has to defend his championship this coming season and Alonso will be out for blood.

Jacques Villenueve said it best. Red Bull Renault needs to stop treating Vettel like he has the magic touch. Webber got the sour end of the deal. It was horrible when Red Bull said they didn't favor either driver. Their actions spoke much louder than their words.

Sad to say, this was Webber's only chance to win the championship.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by X2daC
I disagree completely.

He's not WDC material at all. He has a lot of maturing to do and a crappy designed track handed him the title.

He has to defend his championship this coming season and Alonso will be out for blood.

Jacques Villenueve said it best. Red Bull Renault needs to stop treating Vettel like he has the magic touch. Webber got the sour end of the deal. It was horrible when Red Bull said they didn't favor either driver. Their actions spoke much louder than their words.

Sad to say, this was Webber's only chance to win the championship.
^This

Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't mind watching a 30 minute 'unlimited class' shootout before every race.

Quick Reply: 2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread