Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
^ They destroyed the fun in between races by fixing the driver values.

They need to go back to making them dynamic between races based on adds/drops.
Definitely agree. I pretty much stopped changing my lineup after the values of certain drivers started getting out of control and it didn't make sense to keep them anymore. The rules they put into place ruined the fun and spirit of the challenge.

Originally Posted by GrayTT

What's it taste like?

Old 01-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alzilla
Definitely agree. I pretty much stopped changing my lineup after the values of certain drivers started getting out of control and it didn't make sense to keep them anymore. The rules they put into place ruined the fun and spirit of the challenge.
You guys are just mad that I soundly beat both of you by coming in 5th overall last year.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
You guys are just mad that I soundly beat both of you by coming in 5th overall last year.
Ha Ha! Yes. True. True.

Mark Webber crushed me in the last three races.

I sold Alonso for him and ended up with Hamilton, Vettel, Webber.

I broke my own rule of not owning both drivers from the same team and got hammered for it.

Sweet justice I suppose.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
No new HRT car until Bahrain

Narain Karthikeyan has confirmed that Hispania will not have their 2011 challenger up and running in time for the first three pre-season tests.

The team, who raced their 2010 model for the first time at the season-opening GP, will have a maximum of four days of testing before the start of the new season according to Karthikeyan.

Team principal Colin Kolles confirmed earlier in the month that the team would not be running their new car at the first test in Valencia, but was hopeful of making use of it in Jerez and Barcelona, something that now looks unlikely.

"Our new car won't be ready for the first three tests in Spain where I will drive the 2010 car," Karthikeyan told The Times of India.

The primary change to the car for the upcoming season revolves around a new partnership with Williams.

"I am excited about [the 2011 car]," explained the 34-year-old.

"But I am more excited about the advances in the technical side of the car which, on paper, should make the car more competitive than last year.

"The biggest change will be the gear-box and hydraulics package from Williams. The car will have the Cosworth engine, coupled with the systems from Williams. Basically, the whole geometry around the engine will be the same as the Williams cars," he added.

However, the Indian driver did concede that the team would not be making use of all the new innovations set for the coming season.

"We are not likely to use the KERS. But adjustable wings will hopefully add to our potency," he said.
SOURCE

Well that's confidence inspiring...

Old 01-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla

SOURCE

Well that's confidence inspiring...
This is thread worthy!

Just another nail in the coffin for HRT.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Will they just go away already?

Old 01-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Right?

We get it HRT. You have no funds to keep this going. You're only going to make this worse on you when you withdraw in the middle of the season.

Hello Honda. Except, this team won't be bought by a great strategist and win the title next season.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Force India is signing Paul Di Resta to it's second seat and taking Nico Hulkenberg as their third driver.

Glad Nico got to stay in F1!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
Force India is signing Paul Di Resta to it's second seat and taking Nico Hulkenberg as their third driver.

Glad Nico got to stay in F1!
Just saw that. I'm wondering if Di Resta will do well enough to not keep the Hulk out of the seat come mid season.

Quick Reply: 2011 Formula 1 Off-Season Discussion Thread