Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Nico Hulkenberg out of Williams!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Nico Hulkenberg out of Williams!

Screw your roll over!

Nico Hulkenberg will not be driving for Williams next season, it was confirmed on Monday. Hulkenberg said he had been unable to reach a satisfactory agreement regarding a contract extension with the team. Team mate Rubens Barrichello, however, has been retained for 2011.

“I heavily regret that, because I would have been happy to stay with Williams,” said Hulkenberg, who made his F1 debut at the beginning of this season. “I want to thank the team for a great time and I wish Williams all the best for the future.”

Paying tribute to the driver who recently brought his team their first pole position in five seasons, Frank Williams commented: “I would like to thank Nico for his hard work this year, and before that in preparing himself for Formula One. We are very proud to have supported him as he secured the Formula Three and GP2 titles and during his debut in Formula One.

“At Williams we have for many years tried to bring new talent into the sport, and we are convinced that Nico will go on to great things. We wish him well and hope that our paths will cross again in the future.”

Hulkenberg landed his Williams race drive after spending two years as the British team’s test driver. His manager Willi Weber is now negotiating with other teams to secure the 23 year-old a job for next season. “Nico will have his seat in F1 in 2011,” said Weber.

Barrichello, meanwhile, is set to start an amazing 19th season of Formula One racing after signing for a second year with Williams, whom he joined from Brawn GP at the end of 2009. The Brazilian claimed 10 points-scoring finishes in 2010, helping the team to sixth place in the constructors’ championship.

“We recruited Rubens knowing that he would bring technical expertise, experience and passion,” said Williams. “He has delivered everything we could have hoped for this season and we are delighted to confirm that he will drive for us again in 2011.”

Williams will confirm their second driver before the end of the year.
This kind brings nothing but talent to Williams!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm very curious to see where Hulkenberg ends up after this. He's definitely got a decent pace.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm very curious to see where Hulkenberg ends up after this. He's definitely got a decent pace.
Yeah, me too. His pole was one of the feel good moments of the season for me. Now if he can just get some sponsorship money.

By the way Alzilla, your post count is crazy impressive...lol, just noticed it.

Last edited by All We'll Drive; 11-16-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:34 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
it all boils down to $$$, he has shown himself worthy though.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:52 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Meant to be going to Renault and I think petrov is going to Lotus.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond reputeGroupB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
I thought Lotus was buying the Renault team, and Petrov was staying at (what will then be called) Lotus-Renault. No??

Old 11-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
I'm on-board with this.

Old 11-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
littlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond reputelittlebulldogg has a reputation beyond repute
possibly Force India.

Force India has emerged as Nico Hulkenberg's best chance to stay in formula one next year.

The promising German rookie has been ruled out of an extended stay at Williams next year, as the British team apparently clears a seat for a paying driver.

"I heavily regret that, because I would have been happy to stay," the 23-year-old said.

Hulkenberg's manager Willi Weber revealed: "I am negotiating with other teams. Nico will have his seat in F1 in 2011."

Revealing that more news will come in the next "one or two weeks", Weber told SID news agency: "He has to stay in formula one. He is the next biggest hope for Germany after Vettel and Rosberg."

Auto Motor und Sport named Silverstone based Force India as the best option, with Adrian Sutil considering a seat elsewhere and Vitantonio Liuzzi's future clouded despite his possession of a 2011 contract.

Hulkenberg "requires far less salary than Sutil, but he brings far less sponsor money", the German report noted.

Another race seat might be open at Renault, but the latest speculation is that the Russian rookie Vitaly Petrov has done enough to justify the place alongside his sponsors.

And Spain's El Mundo reports that the Kremlin might add to Petrov's 2011 coffers, now that Russia is embarking on a F1 circuit project.

"Soon we will know what we are going to do," Petrov is quoted by The Guardian newspaper. "We have been going forwards, forwards, forwards, everything going in the right way."

Source: GMM