Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Sutil determined to beat Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sutil determined to beat Schumacher

From PlanetF1:

Adrian Sutil is determined to beat Michael Schumacher this season as he targets a solid top ten finish in the Drivers' Championship.

With seven races remaining on this year's calendar, Sutil is sitting in tenth place in the Drivers' Championship on 35 points, just three behind Schumacher.

The Force India driver, though, has failed to score in the last two events, something he intends rectifying this weekend in Belgium.

And while doing that, he hopes to also take ninth place off Schumacher, as the Merc GP driver will be at a disadvantage due to his Spa grid slot penalty.

"We want to fight for the top ten," Sutil told Germany's Bild.

"There are now some good tracks for our car. In Spa and Monza we will have advantages. And I want to catch the man before me in ninth place.

Asked if he firmly believed he could overhaul Schumacher, the man in ninth place, Sutil said: "Absolutely.

"He is just three points in front of me and must start the next race ten places further back. Maybe I can use Spa to move ahead of him."

As for next season, Sutil is refusing to commit his future to Force India, saying he wants to fight for the World title but doubts that he can do it with his current team.

"That would be a dream (winning the title with Force India) but it is probably unrealistic," he said.

"There are several options for 2011, but right now I want to concentrate on this season and not talk about next year."