Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

'Schumacher will not beat Räikkönen' - Montoya

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 08:00 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
'Schumacher will not beat Räikkönen' - Montoya

Formula One news: 'Schumacher will not beat Räikkönen' - Montoya - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Juan-Pablo Montoya believes that Kimi Räikkönen will be the fastest Ferrari driver at the European Grand Prix next weekend as the 2007 World Champion is partnered in the team by seven-time Champion Michael Schumacher for the first time.

Having left McLaren and Formula One halfway through the 2006 season, Montoya's own partnership with Räikkönen ended earlier than expected although the Columbian, who joined F1 in 2001 and now races in the American NASCAR series, is confident that returnee Schumacher will not be on top of the Finn's pace.

"Will he (Schumacher) be faster than the other Ferrari driver?" Montoya questioned Germany's Bild, having battled with the pair for the 2003 Drivers' title. "That would surprise me but you never know; I am sure that they will now have new parts for his comeback, in order to ensure that it looks good."

Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Juan Pablo never knew how to drive fast in F1, so take his advice FWIW.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ

What is the fart Montoya still opening his mouth for?????? Never won anything in F1 like most Indy/NASCAR chauffeurs.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Montoya has ZERO credibility in F1 now that he's a fat 'ol NASCAR driver.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:33 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Originally Posted by Schwabe
What is the fart Montoya still opening his mouth for?????? Never won anything in F1 like most Indy/NASCAR chauffeurs.
are you guys insane? never knew how to drive fast? never won anything in F1?

wow

you are talking about a guy who was winning throughout his tenure in F1 and dicing with schumi and everyone else at the top. he left on his own terms. politics may have ousted him but the skill was certainly there. you don't get 7 wins, 30 podiums, 13 pole positions, and 12 fastest laps without knowing how to "drive fast". the only reason jenson button didn't complete his williams move was that patrick head and frank williams picked jpm over him in a shootout test session.

i understand nascar/indycar is full of spare drivers but jpm is certainly not one of them, he has earned his place amongst the better drivers currently active. please try to be mindful of a drivers cv before you pass judgment.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Montoya is probably right (and I'm a JPM fan) - but Raikkonnen better damn well beat Schumi, who has been out of the game for an eternity in F1 terms. If Schumi does put even one place over Raikkonnen, then the Kim-ster better just shuffle off to WRC now.

I am praying for the day that a world touring car or sports car championship takes precedence over F1 and the world's best drivers all participate in 30-car fields. I am getting tired of the fragility of F1 cars, the inanity of F1 politics, and the absurdity of some of the driver selections.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:22 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
I am not certain where Michael will place in the race. I will predict that his car will not be heavily scrutinized after the race. This is not to make the assumption that Bernie would turn his head for the drama of Michael winning or finishing on the podium. No, not in F1....

Old 08-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
I'd take a Monaco and Indy 500 1st place trophy for my collection...and a Sears Point (I'm old school) is a nice addition regardless of the car and series.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^Good point senor hinkle. I was a die hard Raikkonen fan for years, but I think there is a good chance Michael will be faster. He is a machine behind the wheel and in my mind he has been waiting for this chance to get back into F1 since he retired. I'm very much looking forward to this race

Old 08-11-2009, 10:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
I guess Montoya was right after all

Quick Reply: 'Schumacher will not beat Räikkönen' - Montoya