Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Webber to discuss future with Red Bull

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 02:13 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Webber to discuss future with Red Bull

Webber to discuss future with Red Bull - GPUpdate.net

In a sensational aftermath to the British Grand Prix, race winner Mark Webber has admitted that he is set to engage in talks with Red Bull Racing with regards to staying with the team next year. The revaluation comes following a possible act of favouritism within the squad on Saturday.

With team-mate Sebastian Vettel having suffered a broken front wing in final practice, with two types of the latest version available, the German was then handed the second, with Webber left to use an older version.

This was then followed by team radio comments, broadcast to television viewers, of Webber questioning his status as a 'number two driver' on Sunday's slowing-down lap.

“Yesterday I was clearly not happy and will have some decent chats,” Mark said in the post-race press conference. “I wasn't in favour of the decision...some of the other drivers tried to offer me a new front wing‫ - Seb didn't, but others did.”

With his joke having confirmed more tension in the Red Bull camp, Webber verified his frustrations.

“I would never have signed a contract for next year if I knew that this was the way it was going,” he said, adding that he will talk with his team with regards to 2011, for which he confirmed a 1-year deal prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
this should be interesting, given the contract he recently signed. Webber deserves to be treated the same as Vettel, imo. They're equally talented given the same car.

I definitely can see Webber's frustration this weekend though. He was given Vettel's old chassis, and then he had the new front wing taken from his hand-me-down car to be given to Vettel. Despite all that, he still won the race. The guy has more heart than any other driver on the grid, imo.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
agreed, i've always thought he was a proper bloke but this season he has really shown he has what it takes mentally and physically to be WDC. the way mateschitz is dictating who will be favored from his ivory tower is despicable, why hire christian horner then?

webber needs to win the title this year and move on.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
st00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond repute

I hope he hands it to vettel again in Germany

Old 07-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by st00ge

I hope he hands it to vettel again in Germany
LOL @ picture...

That is BS about screwing Webber. I could see it if Vettel were fighting for the championship and Webber were languishing mid-table, but that's obviously not the case.

I am a big fan of Webber. He was very patient through all those years with Mercedes-McLaren, and then he endured the lean years with Red Bull and helped bring them up. I don't think he'd have any problem getting a ride, just not sure with whom. Maybe Mercedes GP if/when Schumi leaves (again)?

I just wish I were home more to watch the races live!

Old 07-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
im loving the screen caps from the post-race interview.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
st00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond repute
The Daily Mash - WEBBER TO START NEXT RACE IN A '98 PUNTO

bwhaahahhah

On a serious note Webber isn't going to leave RBR he just playing the game as he is winning the PR atm over RBR and Vettel.