Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Mateschitz: Nothing less than the title

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Mateschitz: Nothing less than the title

From PlanetF1:

Dietrich Mateschitz has told his Red Bull team that he will settle for nothing less than winning this year's World titles.

Despite having arguably the quickest car in the field and dominating qualifying with eight pole positions from nine races, Red Bull have claimed just four victories this season.

As a result they find themselves trailing McLaren in both Championships. Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber are third and fourth in the Drivers' race while Red Bull are 30 points behind McLaren in the Constructors' standings.

"First of all, I am satisfied with drivers and car all around," team owner Mateschitz told Salzburger Nachrichten.

"What I am not satisfied with is the score because on paper we should have a head start instead of having a deficit.

"Now we have to make up lost ground."

Asked point blank if he's expecting his drivers to come home with the World titles, Mateschitz said: "Of course, expecting anything less would be absurd.

"If someone with our potential cannot expect to win the World Championship, then who?"

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Red Bull definitely has the pace but I'm glad to see McLaren on top, at least for now. If Red Bull continues to develop their car further and can stay out of trouble, I have no doubt that they'll win the WCC. Fact is, Turkey REALLY screwed them over.