Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Horner vents frustration over collision

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010 | 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Webber was wrong... he should have moved and thats what Vettel expected him to do
Vettel was faster... why?
Team boss Christian Horner was less than impressed with the incident and appeared to pin most of the blame on Webber.
"From a team perspective I'm really disappointed," Horner said.
"We'd done everything right. We'd out-thought McLaren and to see both cars crash out is very disappointing.
"They should never have been where they were and they have cost the team a great deal of points.
"Mark had changed down to a fuel-saving mode which lost us a little bit of performance in the straight and that also explains how Sebastian got a clear run on him.
"Seb managed to save an extra kilo of fuel, both cars started with the same fuel, so he had one more lap of the optimum engine mode
, if you like.
BBC Sport - F1 - Mark Webber & Sebastian Vettel play crash blame game

Old 06-01-2010 | 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
st00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond reputest00ge has a reputation beyond repute
No chance he should of just moved over for Vettell, So next week when the second placed guy wants to overtake the leader of the race he just needs to lunge down the inside and expect the other driver will just move over to overtake?? Bull**** and if these guys were not team mates I bet Vettel would of been pinged...

Old 06-01-2010 | 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm on Team Webber in this sitatuation.

Old 06-01-2010 | 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Agreed.

Old 06-01-2010 | 03:16 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
EXCELLENT analysis by st00ge. I don't think anyone can defend Vettel's actions at this point, unless they are looking through a set of specially-tinted lenses.

Last edited by Jo_Switzer; 06-01-2010 at 03:18 PM.
Old 06-01-2010 | 03:17 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla

Old 06-01-2010 | 05:23 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by like.no.other
there is a rule that when a car has overtaken the front runner by more than 50% the pass has been made (3/4 of Seb's car was ahead of Webber). IMO Mark should have allowed Seb more space especially since they're teammates.
Ummhh I've never heard of that rule and I've been watching racing & participating a while. Vettel had the racing line for the next corner how much more space does he need?

Old 06-01-2010 | 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
^Agreed with Simple1.

Old 06-02-2010 | 03:08 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by st00ge
No chance he should of just moved over for Vettell, So next week when the second placed guy wants to overtake the leader of the race he just needs to lunge down the inside and expect the other driver will just move over to overtake?? Bull**** and if these guys were not team mates I bet Vettel would of been pinged...
do you think lunging down the inside of a guy is doable its one thing to reach the car in front, passing it is a another thing all together. Vettel was faster his car was 75% ahead of Webber he made the pass. Webber took him out

Old 06-02-2010 | 03:09 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simple1
Ummhh I've never heard of that rule and I've been watching racing & participating a while. Vettel had the racing line for the next corner how much more space does he need?
he was on the dirty side of the track not on the racing line he needed the clean side of the track to break

Quick Reply: Horner vents frustration over collision