Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

New F1 teams should be in GP2 - Montezemolo

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Post New F1 teams should be in GP2 - Montezemolo

Luca di Montezemolo has once again repeated his disapproval of F1's new teams.

In the wake of the carmaker exodus, the Ferrari president expressed his desire to see the big teams be allowed to field third cars.

Instead, new teams including Virgin, HRT and a relaunched Lotus debuted with the support of the FIA and Bernie Ecclestone.

But earlier this year Maranello based Ferrari ridiculed the new entry list as being more deserving of the name 'Formula GP3'.

And Montezemolo is now quoted by Tuttosport: "In the 60th year of formula one, Ferrari is celebrating its 800th grand prix.

"Let me say with pride that no one will be able to match this record.

"For us it is a source of great satisfaction and pride because is represents that Ferrari has been here even in difficult times, while other teams have come and have gone.

"I repeat that formula one without Ferrari is not formula one, and this year there are many teams that should be racing in GP2," added Montezemolo.

Source: GMM

Old 05-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
He's absolutely right. These new teams are an absolute joke.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
I concur, bring back the 106% rule.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:05 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
luca is right.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I have to disagree. I can't think of many types of racing that don't have to deal with lappers. The teams that can't get up to speed won't be around long since it will be hard to get sponsors. So give them a chance it adds more to the race and makes the drivers think. In their perfect world I'm sure they would be happiest doing time attacks.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by airflite1
I guess I have to disagree. I can't think of many types of racing that don't have to deal with lappers. The teams that can't get up to speed won't be around long since it will be hard to get sponsors. So give them a chance it adds more to the race and makes the drivers think. In their perfect world I'm sure they would be happiest doing time attacks.
but you are forgetting this is formula one, not any lesser series. ideally every team should be competitive, backmarkers do not enhance F1 in any way. i think anyone could agree that the racing would be much more interesting with 24 competitors rather than 12.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
but you are forgetting this is formula one, not any lesser series. ideally every team should be competitive, backmarkers do not enhance F1 in any way. i think anyone could agree that the racing would be much more interesting with 24 competitors rather than 12.
If you look at the top of any racing, motocross, roadracing, do I dare say Nascar, even if you go back to the hay days of F1, there are lappers. I think this will be the worst year since the teams are so new. I also don't think you have to look back very far to see when Red Bull wasn't competitive. F1 should be about the cars. If you can build a car to meet the rules, have a driver that meets the qualifications, you should be able to race. What I don't agree with is the sanctioning body picking who gets to race instead of having open qualifying.