Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

My F1 Experience|2010 Australian Grand Prix Qualifying

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
My F1 Experience|2010 Australian Grand Prix Qualifying

First off I know that this thread is a bit overdue but better late than never!! I finally got around to posting some of the pictures I took during the course of the day.

This was my first ever experience at the F1 and I was very excited leading up to the big day. I only had a rough idea of what the atmosphere would be like, so I was very eager to find out for myself. I had a General Admission ticket which did not entitle me to sit in the Grandstands and only various viewing areas around the course. However my family and I found a nice area in between Turn 9 and Turn 10.

First up they had an Historic Demonstration of various exotics and race cars from previous decades. There were dozens of classic Ferrari's such as Daytona's and the like. There were also a few GT40's and Lamborghini's and even a nice Lancia Stratos. The sound that these old cars produced were awesome. To be honest I didn't really expect that much noise to be produced by these cars but the GT40's, Ferrari's and the Stratos were really nice.

As all other F1 races have there were quite a few support categories but I will skip straight to the main event the Formula 1.

As I have already said I had never been to the F1 and didn't know what to expect. All I really knew was that they are very loud and very very fast. Speaking of the noise...wow. When you can hear the cars from across the other side of the track you know that when they go past you a few meters away they woudl be very loud indeed. I had spoken to a few people I knew who had been to previous F1 races and they recommended using earplugs while others (Oversteer) had recommended not using earplugs to take in more of the awesome sound and atmosphere. I took some just in case. Seeing the first car coming into Turn 9 and hearing the magnificent quick downshifts I suddenly became very excited. When it took the corner I thought "Hey, it's not that loud" But that was before it sped off past us. It is hard to describe the noise of an F1 car. You could say that one after the other screaming past you sounds like a swarm of killer bees attacking! Very hard to put into words. It is just like watching it on TV but 1000 times louder. I know that some people do not like the sound of F1 cars but I love it. The sound of them screaming past you at 15000 rpm it spectacular. On a side note I noticed that the 3 new team (Lotus, Virgin and HRT) when they changed up gears coming onto the back straight it was extremely loud. Most cars change gears so quickly that although you can hear the change it was no where near as obvious. When these ones changed up it was a very deep sound that you could almost feel shaking the ground!! Especially on Bruno Senna's car. Strange. Does anyone know why this would be? Just cheaper gearboxes?

Enough talking. Here are some pictures from the day. Enjoy and thanks for reading all of this if you got through it all. Some positive rep is always welcomed

PS: Sorry about lots of the F1 pictures having the tops of peoples heads in them!!

Just a few from around the track.

And now the F1 pics. I do not have a great camera so don't expect amazing pictures!!

Hamilton was too fast (Barrister) So I only just got him

Webber to fast this time

Old 04-08-2010, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Man that looks like a sweet time.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Brad, that looks incredible!

Good for you man. That is an exciting experience.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

You are a bona fide F1 nut now!!

Last edited by Barrister; 04-08-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome Pics man....looks like you had a great time

Old 04-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pics and glad you had fun on your first race!

Old 05-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
beankeen456 is infamous around these partsbeankeen456 is infamous around these partsbeankeen456 is infamous around these parts

Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

I went on the race day, its a very surreal experience. Your right about the gear changes i noticed Karun's car had very loud changes. The sound is stunning. On the saturday i was waling past the track and the sound just put a smile on my face.

Heres a video i took from the race.
YouTube - 2010 Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix - Race

Old 05-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
^ Great video mate!! What stand were you in and how much was a single day ticket? If you don't mind me asking.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
beankeen456 is infamous around these partsbeankeen456 is infamous around these partsbeankeen456 is infamous around these parts
^I was at the schumacher stand(last 2 turns) and it cost 200 for my dad and 100 for me