Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Australian Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Australian Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)

Another awesome weekend of racing awaits!

But this time it is the East Coast U.S. fans who must suffer.

Here are the race times PST:

Practice 1 FRI (Thu) 18:30
Practice 2 FRI (Thu) 22:30
Practice 3 SAT (Fri) 20:00
Qualifying SAT (Fri) 23:00
Race SUN (Sat) 23:00

Join us here for banter regarding the practice sessions and qualifying.

The Live Race Banter Thread will be created after qualifying.

Thanks and I'll see you when the lights go out!!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, 1AM CST race... Not sure if I'll be able to make this one...

Old 03-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Damn, 1AM CST race... Not sure if I'll be able to make this one...

WHAT!?

For Bahrain all of the practice sessions were at 3:00 AM PST and the race was on at 4:30 AM!!

You have it easy.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
WHAT!?

For Bahrain all of the practice sessions were at 3:00 AM PST and the race was on at 4:30 AM!!

You have it easy.
Hahaha I have it easier for some races and harder for others. The China GP airs at 2 or 3 AM my time and I didn't go to bed til nearly 6 AM last year.

I'll be at my GF's place this weekend and won't have any cable TV. As always, I'm going to do everything I can to make it work tho. I didn't realize having a GF would impact the Formula 1 season this much already!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Hahaha I have it easier for some races and harder for others. The China GP airs at 2 or 3 AM my time and I didn't go to bed til nearly 6 AM last year.

I'll be at my GF's place this weekend and won't have any cable TV. As always, I'm going to do everything I can to make it work tho. I didn't realize having a GF would impact the Formula 1 season this much already!
You have to train her like I did my fiance. When we started dating I made it clear that nothing she does will interrupt tv viewing of F1, my annual trip to Montreal, Yankees baseball and soccer. Work on it and enjoy the benefits.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:03 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
2am est.. hmmm.
Alex, are there any sports bars in Atlanta open until 4am???

Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
The only one that comes to mind is Stats but I am not positive it is open til 4 and not even sure if they show F1.

Going to have to do some digging. A friend of my fiance and I is celebrating a birthday this weekend and I may have to step out of the club to whichever bar close by that will be showing the race. Let me know if you find any.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex
You have to train her like I did my fiance. When we started dating I made it clear that nothing she does will interrupt tv viewing of F1, my annual trip to Montreal, ANGELS baseball and soccer. Work on it and enjoy the benefits.
Fixed it for you and made you a human being again.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
1am race? Awesome I can definitely watch this one!

Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex
You have to train her like I did my fiance. When we started dating I made it clear that nothing she does will interrupt tv viewing of F1, my annual trip to Montreal, Yankees baseball and soccer. Work on it and enjoy the benefits.
I'm working on it. I told her I was busy this weekend when she asked if I was coming to visit but when she grilled me on the reason, she got pretty upset when I told her it was a race weekend.

She lives 4 hrs away so we don't get to see each other all the time. If I could see her whenever I want, I doubt it'd be an issue. The things we do for p*ssy...

Quick Reply: The Australian Grand Prix Pre-Race Banter Thread (Practices & Qualifying)