Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

If F1 came back to USA which circuit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Laguna Seca... /thread
I don't think Laguna has enough affluent F1 fans in the area to support the event, and (as a promoter) you can't gamble on people travelling to your track for an event.

Miami has it all: people go there as tourists anyway, from F1-heavy countries. It's the best choice stateside, by far.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
^^^Now you're thinking with your dipstick!

It's a shame the track would be so flat though.
We could always put a ramp in front of a chicane and see who's willing to jump it? Might make for some interesting white-flag laps!!

Old 04-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jo_Switzer
I don't think Laguna has enough affluent F1 fans in the area to support the event, and (as a promoter) you can't gamble on people travelling to your track for an event.

Miami has it all: people go there as tourists anyway, from F1-heavy countries. It's the best choice stateside, by far.
Really? I'm pretty sure Laguna Seca could pull it off just fine. Think MotoGP, Monterey Historics, Councourse d'Elegance to name a few.

Old 04-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Laguna Seca... /thread
if only, LS is one of my favorite tracks, I think I drove it a million times on Forza.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute

You're kidding, right? No offense, but that is probably one of the LARGEST concentrations of affluent race fans. How do you think SCRAMP is so successful? Between LS and Sears Point (I will not call it "Infineon"), there are two of the best tracks in the country, with a motorsports-crazy population between them.

If you've ever been to the Historics week, you'll know that that whole peninsula is jam-packed with rich folks in very short order. I am not looking forward to a bunch of snobby, no-F1-knowledge-having wankers fill the event, but if that's what it takes to get F1 to LS, I'll live with it.

I also think the US TV audience would be huge to watch F1 at LS. Too many Forza and Gran Turismo fans to NOT watch it...

Old 04-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute

LA and SF I would bet to be the two biggest concentrations of fans in the country. And MotoGP has been quite a success there, with 100k+ traveling to the area for the event.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
RE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant futureRE5PEKT has a brilliant future
I think Formula 1 Would do VERY well at Laguna Seca... It would be really interesting to see how the cars would be set up...

What do you think of the Streets of Long Beach?

Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 PM
Banned
You're kidding, right? No offense, but that is probably one of the LARGEST concentrations of affluent race fans. How do you think SCRAMP is so successful? Between LS and Sears Point (I will not call it "Infineon"), there are two of the best tracks in the country, with a motorsports-crazy population between them.

If you've ever been to the Historics week, you'll know that that whole peninsula is jam-packed with rich folks in very short order. I am not looking forward to a bunch of snobby, no-F1-knowledge-having wankers fill the event, but if that's what it takes to get F1 to LS, I'll live with it.

I also think the US TV audience would be huge to watch F1 at LS. Too many Forza and Gran Turismo fans to NOT watch it...
You're right, of course - I'm out of it today, I guess. Still, I think Miami is viable venue. Not sure what I was thinking ... the F1 race would be a fantastic rider to the Historics, for sure!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Laguna Seca would be insane for sure.

I have pics from the Ferrari F1 3-wheeling through the corkscrew ... I'd actually travel there to see an F1 race!

Old 04-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
F1 cars maneuvering the corkscrew, what more can you ask for?

Quick Reply: If F1 came back to USA which circuit?