Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Remembering Ayrton Senna . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Remembering Ayrton Senna . . .

Today - March 21 - would have been Senna's 50th birthday.

Source: autosport.com - F1 News: Ayrton Senna: A life in pictures.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-22-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:41 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
single minded dedication and talent that is rarely seen....guy was so possessed about being the best and fastest...consummate professional. His in car vids are legendary...back when drivers were doing so much more movement in cockpit. Do a search of his monaco drives and see the bravery and skill this guy had...legend !

Old 03-22-2010, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
RIP Senna

Old 03-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
definitely the King of Monte Carlo and arguably the best driver that ever lived. The fact that his record number for pole positions hasn't been broken speaks for its self (and he's been dead for 16 years!)

Old 03-22-2010, 04:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Senna: "The machines have taken away the character and it is the character that the sponsors and public are looking for.
At the top, you have a few characters of conflicting personality; the rest, without good results, don't have any credibility.
We must reduce costs so that we return to an era where the emphasis is on people not computers."

Old 03-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!calypso You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
The guy that made me love F1

Old 03-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
He was the reason I loved F1 so much, this was IMO the best era of F1 racing with Mansell, Berger, Prost and Senna.

Last edited by Marc; 03-22-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Get the same angle on Bruno Senna, that's on Ayrton in the main pic of the article. He looks exactly the same.

Ayrton was an amazing driver and we need more of his type around.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
I met Senna in 1987 and 1988 (yea, I'm THAT old ), I still have the Axle grease from his '87 Lotus on my hockey jersey!!! That man was an amazing driver and incredibly humble too. Pure F1 class. Despite the whole rivalry with Prost.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
I remember the Monday after Senna died. I was crushed. The day before I really didn't know what happened - all rumors, only.

Gutted. That's the word.

I hope Bruno gets a chance to shine. I'd love to see a bit more of Ayrton's legacy take shape, you know? That cryptic "If you think I'm fast ..." comment is like Tut's curse: I know it's just talk, but I want to believe.