Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 News: USF1 Seeks Permission To Miss Races

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
F1 News: USF1 Seeks Permission To Miss Races

And the Soap Opera continues . . . .

Old 02-20-2010, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Why even bother if you're not even going to stand a chance at being competitive?

Just take the year off, secure funding and some real drivers and develop the cars as much as you can from the sidelines so you can hit 2011 running with a great car!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
But that's the big issue Al.

Their top funders are all pulling out.

I think they need to prove something on the grid - like Brawn did last year - to have any hope of getting enough money to continue in F1.

They are in a no-win scenario right now.

It looks very bleak for USF1

Old 02-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
jamie needs to step up and sponser them! if an F40 doesnt cut it, maybe an F1 team would!

Old 02-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
jamie needs to step up and sponser them! if an F40 doesnt cut it, maybe an F1 team would!
Yes! We should draw up a proposal.

If he hasn't bought Hawaii yet, he could spare a few hundred million!

I'll give him a call.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
But that's the big issue Al.

Their top funders are all pulling out.

I think they need to prove something on the grid - like Brawn did last year - to have any hope of getting enough money to continue in F1.

They are in a no-win scenario right now.

It looks very bleak for USF1
The big problem is that they jumped into this project with nothing but big hopes and dreams from the start. Everything I've read about USF1 so far has just been riddled with indecision and mystery. Seems to me like they've never really had a solid chance at making it to the grid this year anyway.

I guess that's what they get for making such a bold move at the climax of a financial catastrophe. I'm not surprised sponsors are pulling out either. I'd do the same if I didn't see any real progress as the start of the season looms so close.

Windsor and Anderson should've just kept planning and set a more realistic time frame like the start of the 2011 season. It's hard to create an F1 team in just a year. It's damn near impossible to build one from scratch is just 6 months.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Part of their haste was prompted by a desire to get in on the new rules and financial caps.

They probably thought that those rules wouldn't last.

USF1 entered F1 not only during the financial crisis, but also during a time of great change in Formula 1 itself.

It just doesn't look like it is going to work out for them.

The worst part is that this gives Bernie more ammunition to use against the US and keep F1 off our shores.

Sad.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister

The worst part is that this gives Bernie more ammunition to use against the US and keep F1 off our shores.

Sad.
I think Bernie needs USA more than USA needs Bernie and F1. Bernie needs the TV revenue from the USA, what can he bring to USA?

All car manufacturers are already focussed on selling cars in the largest consumer market on the planet.

Unfortunately for the F1 fans, there's already plenty of motor racing products for the majority of fans to follow and for manufacturers to sponsor.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by quattro joe
I think Bernie needs USA more than USA needs Bernie and F1. Bernie needs the TV revenue from the USA, what can he bring to USA?

All car manufacturers are already focussed on selling cars in the largest consumer market on the planet.

Unfortunately for the F1 fans, there's already plenty of motor racing products for the majority of fans to follow and for manufacturers to sponsor.
But that's why car manufacturers like Porsche and VW don't participate in F1.

70% of their sales are in the US but F1 isn't popular here.

If there was a market for F1 in the US, we would see 32-car grids like the old days.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
I wish we had an Indianapolis grand prix, my aunt has good pull to get me tickets and passes to be on the infield.

Quick Reply: F1 News: USF1 Seeks Permission To Miss Races