Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 News: USF1 Seeks Permission To Miss Races

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I wish we had an Indianapolis grand prix, my aunt has good pull to get me tickets and passes to be on the infield.
Back in 2007 I handled a case for Hulman-George - owners of the Speedway.

I called local counsel in Indianapolis and asked if he could get me decent tickets.

Three days later I got 5 of these in the mail.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah but do you think VW/Porsche, or for that matter Renault/Peugeot/Citroen, would sell, currently sell, more cars in USA because they're in F1?

Take Renault for example, do they even have a presence in USA?

Old 02-21-2010, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
Yeah but do you think VW/Porsche, or for that matter Renault/Peugeot/Citroen, would sell, currently sell, more cars in USA because they're in F1?

Take Renault for example, do they even have a presence in USA?
I actually think that we are making the same point.

My point is that there is no reason for Bernie to come and have a race here if none of the constructos have a economic interest in such an event.

Aren't you saying the same thing?

And no - VW/Porsche would not sell any more cars in the US if they were in F1.

F1 popularity in the US must come first.

But I don't see it happening. It is kind of like soccer.

Last edited by Barrister; 02-21-2010 at 12:45 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Back in 2007 I handled a case for Hulman-George - owners of the Speedway.

I called local counsel in Indianapolis and asked if he could get me decent tickets.

Three days later I got 5 of these in the mail.

NICE!! My aunt is executive assistant to the head of the track operations, not the owners, I forget what their major industry is. I remember when I was younger going down on the track the day before the 500 and checking everything out/getting signatures. She says she can get me tickets (and does for family and friends) but I am always busy around that time. If they had a GP there though I would fake a life threatening injury to get there!

Old 02-21-2010, 02:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I actually think that we are making the same point.

My point is that there is no reason for Bernie to come and have a race here if none of the constructos have a economic interest in such an event.

Aren't you saying the same thing?

And no - VW/Porsche would not sell any more cars in the US if they were in F1.

F1 popularity in the US must come first.

But I don't see it happening. It is kind of like soccer.
Yes we are on the same page.

How about Renault? Are they selling cars in USA?

Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quattro joe
Yes we are on the same page.

How about Renault? Are they selling cars in USA?
Renault don't make any cars that would sell in the US in the first place.

Back to US F1, to me it just sounds like pipe dreams, they never had what makes an F1 team, and if they still can't produce a car worthy of racing, why would anyone risk sticking his name on a car doomed to loosing, and then comes the issue of drivers, if they were serious about competing they need good drivers, those come with a big price tag and will only move to a team ready to race.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Sh!t!!