Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

'US F1 could skip 2010 season'

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
what I don't understad is why are they still there? Stefan GP is ready, pull out of this season and let some one else run. why have the whole world look at you when you look like a idiot. I mean they haven't even put a date for a shake down or even start up! in what sense does any race team start building a car with out deadlines for start up and shake down?

I was looking forward to seeing them on the grid.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
it's funny you say that, i thought the same thing when i found out. he has said some very unrealistic things regarding the management of an F1 team, it seemed as if he did not have a firm grasp of the complexities.
The highlighted text surprises me more than the possibility of USF1 missing the 2010 season. As a former team principal and being amongst those in the inner workings of F1 you would think he would have known what he was getting into and what was realistic.

This is such a shame. Gov't bailout maybe?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Such a bummer, but then again I hadn't heard much about their guarantee of an American driver.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
The highlighted text surprises me more than the possibility of USF1 missing the 2010 season. As a former team principal and being amongst those in the inner workings of F1 you would think he would have known what he was getting into and what was realistic.

This is such a shame. Gov't bailout maybe?
Obama will save them

Just tell him autoworkers will lose their jobs... and the gov't will now own an F1 team...

Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I was hoping this team would be the first step to getting F1 to come back to the U.S.

sad to hear

Old 02-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Feffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enoughFeffman will become famous soon enough
'We Are Not Gone' - US F1

Date 2010-02-19
By Motorsport.com/GMM

A slight sign of life emerged from US F1 late on Thursday, after waves of reports suggested the new American outfit was set to fizzle before ever turning a wheel.

Amid reports that YouTube's Chad Hurley and Argentine driver Jose Maria Lopez were jumping ship to Campos, the team's official website also went off the air.

"The web server is down and is being repaired as this is written," said US F1 on Friday night. "We are not gone, as many have reported."

The Charlotte based team promised to provide more information "soon".

Following reports that Lopez had been told by a tearful Peter Windsor that US F1 was on its last legs, it then emerged that his management team was busily making other arrangements for 2010 with a series of London meetings.

"We would like to inform that yesterday, Jose Maria Lopez Sr, together with (managers) Felipe McGough and Victor Rosso, visited US F1 headquarters in Charlotte to be in contact with the team's directors," read a statement.

Lopez's entourage said they left the US "with a clear understanding of the team's current situation" en route to London.

"Arrangements were (then) made to have different meetings; one of them with the managers of the FOM (Formula One Management) whose president is Bernie Ecclestone. The result of the meeting has been positive," said the Lopez statement.

Representatives of the Argentine government then made clear to the Clarin newspaper that they have not yet made any payments to US F1.

Moreover, in a Europa Press report, the manager of the Motorland Aragon facility - US F1's European base - said he did not know if US F1 was continuing with its plans.

And former Grand Prix driver Jos Verstappen wrote in his Telegraaf column: "If they (US F1) get to Bahrain with two cars, they are so far behind that the world should expect nothing of them."

Old 02-19-2010, 11:08 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
I live in Charlotte, but can't dig up any good info on USF1.

Serbia? Interesting...that's my where my family is from. Until now, I didn't even know Stefan GP existed.

BBC Sport - F1 - Stefan GP want 2010 Formula 1 slot

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20100209/F1/100209915

Old 02-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Here is another article saying they are not dead yet.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...tml#post530495

Old 02-21-2010, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, thats like Africa saying we're not hungry, sounds nice but I can't believe it.