Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Hamilton blitzes final day of Jerez test

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Teamspeed Member
Simple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of lightSimple1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
All this excitement over one lap?
can you spell Hypocrisy? What happened when Alonso was the fastest last week? All the tifosi says Ferrari is back!! even though that was also over 1 lap

funny when I said maybe he was running light? I was met is a barrage of of questions, yea yea I said it!!

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I've got your back, Dana.

PRICELESS

Last edited by Simple1; 02-15-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
1961, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008.
ZING

same goes to simple1 enjoy it while you can guys its all in the numbers you cannot deny the facts don't look at Ferrari look at how the Ferrari engined teams are out performing their relative competition (ie Sauber and Toro Rosso) you can't argue with numbers

Old 02-16-2010, 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
ZING

same goes to simple1 enjoy it while you can guys its all in the numbers you cannot deny the facts don't look at Ferrari look at how the Ferrari engined teams are out performing their relative competition (ie Sauber and Toro Rosso) you can't argue with numbers
And look at how McLaren is doing compared to the other Mercedes engined teams...

Just sayin'.

Then again, even some Renault powered cars beat Ferrari last year!

Old 02-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
And look at how McLaren is doing compared to the other Mercedes engined teams...

Just sayin'.

Then again, even some Renault powered cars beat Ferrari last year!
even the Merc powered safety car is going to beat Ferrari this year, 23 days and we will see it live on TV.

Old 02-16-2010, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simple1
can you spell Hypocrisy? What happened when Alonso was the fastest last week? All the tifosi says Ferrari is back!! even though that was also over 1 lap

funny when I said maybe he was running light? I was met is a barrage of of questions, yea yea I said it!!

PRICELESS
Which Tifosi? We save our celebrations for the end of the season and who cares that much about one lap time? We're more happy about the fact that BOTH of our drivers were capable of leading the pack during testing thus far

Old 02-16-2010, 09:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Which Tifosi? We save our celebrations for the end of the season and who cares that much about one lap time? We're more happy about the fact that BOTH of our drivers were capable of leading the pack during testing thus far
Yeah, but you tifosi only have 1 world champ, and it's been awhile since he won. Meanwhile, McLaren has 2, count 'em!, 2 world champs on their team, and both of them are the most recent winners.

Just sayin'...

Old 02-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, but you tifosi only have 1 world champ, and it's been awhile since he won. Meanwhile, McLaren has 2, count 'em!, 2 world champs on their team, and both of them are the most recent winners.

Just sayin'...
Hamilton = Champ, Button = Chump
We all know Button doesn't belong in the upper echelon of drivers. Massa was more impressive finishing 2nd in the wdc than button was winning it!

The top drivers this season consist of(pay no attention to order) Alonso, Massa, Hamilton, and Vettel with Schumi and Kobayashi as dark horses...Button will serve as no more than Hami's #2.

Last edited by SpeedLimit?; 02-16-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton = Champ, Button = Chump
We all know Button doesn't belong in the upper echelon of drivers. Massa was more impressive finishing 2nd in the wdc than button was winning it!

The top drivers this season consist of(pay no attention to order) Alonso, Massa, Hamilton, and Vettel with Schumi and Kobayashi as dark horses...Button will serve as no more than Hami's #2.
My teacher calls this rationalizing (a defense mechanism)

Old 02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I must disagree.

Alonso may be up there. But there is no way that Massa is a better bet to win the WDC than Lewis.

Vettel is a good bet. But with his recklessness, he may not even be the best driver on his own team. I like Webber on Red Bull.

Schumi is anything but a dark horse. The whole world is expecting him to blow away the grid. If anything - the expectations surrounding him are totally unrealistic.

Kobayashi?? A rookie with a new team. He won't place in the points this year.

Dark horses - IMHO - are Kubica, Barrichello, and Kov.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Barrister
I must disagree.

Alonso may be up there. But there is no way that Massa is a better bet to win the WDC than Lewis.

Vettel is a good bet. But with his recklessness, he may not even be the best driver on his own team. I like Webber on Red Bull.

Schumi is anything but a dark horse. The whole world is expecting him to blow away the grid. If anything - the expectations surrounding him are totally unrealistic.

Kobayashi?? A rookie with a new team. He won't place in the points this year.

Dark horses - IMHO - are Kubica, Barrichello, and Kov.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on a few points here, Dana. Massa has a good chance but I think Alonso will lead Team Ferrari this season. I do agree however that Hamilton will be a serious threat to everyone this year. He's rejuvinated and I think the many slices of humble pie he ate last year only gave him a bigger appetite for victory.

Webber has come into his own and found something that works for him on Red Bull but I'm almost certain that Vettel will still run circles around him this year. You are correct that Vettel takes some unnecessary risks, but I believe that's more of a necessity to stay competitive. Webber may be a better driver in terms of finesse and smarts, but it's Vettel's ambition that keeps him on the podium.

As for Schumie, he may have some larger than life expectations resting on his shoulders, but if there is any driver that can live up to, or surpass, those expectations, it's him. He knows exactly what it takes to win and I don't think he'd be racing again if he wanted to just putt around the track.

Kobayashi may not have a lot of experience but he showed a lot of promise last year and I expect him to build upon it and hopefully make it to the podium a few times, which is a lot more than anyone can say for Kov who has his footing in the series already yet has very little to show for his experience.

Kubica and Barrichello will both be drivers worth keeping an eye on though. I'd almost give the leg up to Kubica this season over Barrichello but that's just based on a hunch.

Quick Reply: Hamilton blitzes final day of Jerez test