Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Irvine slams Button on move

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Post Irvine slams Button on move

Eddie Irvine has controversially predicted that Jenson Button will come to regret his decision to quit the Brawn F1 squad and join Lewis Hamilton at McLaren.

Irvine, who was Michael Schumacher’s team-mate at Ferrari for four years from 1996 to 1999, said: “Jenson has entered the lion’s den. It was madness of him to move.

"I think he is going to get murdered. It’s the worst decision he [Jenson] could have made. The only reason I can think of is that he did not want to stay at Brawn with [Nico] Rosberg, who is not as highly rated as Lewis, but might be just as quick.

"Jenson may have thought that it's better to get beaten by Lewis than get beaten by Nico."

Irvine continued his criticism of Button’s move by saying: “Rubens Barrichello is a good little peddler and murdered Jenson in the second half of last season. Michael [Schumacher] never got murdered by anyone. Lewis came into his first year in F1 and beat a double world champion in Fernando Alonso – that's a class act.

"If you look at Jenson's career, Ralf Schumacher beat him, Giancarlo Fisichella beat him and Rubens beat him. There are too many races where he hasn't performed, to say he's at the level of any of those guys.”

Source:F1: Irvine slams Button - Autocar.co.uk

Old 01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Pfff, says who? Some Irish water carrier? Big mouth, can't drive. Oh wait, that's why I kinda like Eddie.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
He brings up a good point. I think Jenson might've jumped ship a bit prematurely.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute96740 has a reputation beyond repute
Deep down inside, I'm thinking the same thing. I hope not. but...

Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Button ignoring Irvine remarks
08 January 2010

Jenson Button will not allow himself to be distracted by the feelings of Eddie Irvine, after the 1999 runner-up claimed recently that the new World Champion would 'be murdered' by fellow Briton Lewis Hamilton as the pair join forces at McLaren this season.

With Ulsterman Irvine, who won four races over the course of of the 1999 season, having clearly expressed his opinion to ESPN that the 2008 Champion would easily beat that of 2009 when in the same car, Button is unphased. "I'm not one for answering back, there's no point," the Frome driver said to the British media.

Irishman Irvine retired from F1 at the end of the 2002 season
Irishman Irvine retired from F1 at the end of the 2002 season

"The important thing is I'm confident in my ability, so I don't feel I need to prove anything to anyone; everyone is entitled to their opinion - I might not agree with it but everyone is entitled to it. It makes my life a lot easier because I'm in a much more relaxed position than people telling me I'm going to destroy my team-mate.

"I can just focus on doing the best job I can and getting the best out of myself and of the team. I am here for myself and also for McLaren. People's comments don't change anything."

Button ignoring Irvine remarks - Formula 1 news - GPUpdate.net

Old 01-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Pfff, says who? Some Irish water carrier? Big mouth, can't drive. Oh wait, that's why I kinda like Eddie.
And actually, he CAN drive. People forget how close he came to winning the WDC... He barely lost out to Hakkinen in 1999 after taking charge when Schumi broke his leg in the barriers.