Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

It's official, Shumacher's racing for MB!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:19 AM
TS BMW Forums
mtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond reputemtechnik has a reputation beyond repute
2010 will NOT be boring! Go Ferrari!

I found some of his quotes interesting. Seems like he's ready to come out strong - preparing and going to the gym everyday.

From Planet-F1: It's official: Schumacher returns to F1 - Planet-F1 News from planet-f1.com

Schumacher said: "The motivation is pretty straightforward. I got a call from Ross (Brawn, team principal) at the beginning of November asking me to race again, telling me Mercedes were going to be involved. "I've never left the race track, and after three years I regained the energy I'm feeling now. "After playing around on motorbikes, I'm ready for the serious stuff." Schumacher was poised to make a comeback with Ferrari in the summer to fill in for the injured Felipe Massa, but had to back out because of a neck injury which he now insists is not a problem. "Before giving the final okay, I had to make sure my neck was okay," he said. "It wasn't okay in the summer, but it's had the time to heal completely."

Schumi: '2010 will be tighter but not tougher' - Planet-F1 News from planet-f1.com

Asked by Autosport if he was concerned he might have lost some of his pace, the German replied: "I am absolutely confident on this one. When I got into a kart for the first time after my [motorcycle] crash I was straight away on the pace. I have to prove it in real terms, but going wheel-to-wheel with these guys will be thrilling and exciting.

"It is something I look for - and the great thing is to get support from the outside. They have no doubt about my ability. "It [Mercedes GP] is a team that has won both championships this year - and we have Mercedes as a strong partner. Our aim can only be to fight for the championship. There will be strong competition, as we have seen, but I am thrilled to be back into this one."

Asked to rate his chances, Schumacher continued by saying: "It will be a tight fight - but people have trust in me. It is probably more tight. But tougher? No, why? There have always been tough drivers."

Nor does Schumacher have any doubts that he will be able to adapt to his new car, which he will only be able to test for the first time on February 1st, six weeks before the start of the new season.

"The cars will be slightly different, but I have been in so many different characters of cars over the years, and a strong part of myself is that I am able to adapt to whatever the circumstances are."

Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait, if the car is even remotely competitive, then he will be a threat for the title.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Is he still going to consult for Ferrari's consumer side?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ dose it start and end with the Scudi???

Old 12-23-2009, 05:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ Maybe He will be a consultant on the Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series...One can only hope.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Schumacher completely left Ferrari.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
B-52 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi all, my first post here, absolutely love this place! Never post too much anywhere, btw my name comes off my fun mtb bike. But what got me going was that Schumi left Ferra, no, imo, they left him at the end, same way as Kimi, he was fast yeah, no doubt but they need someone quick AND fun. Alonso is never gonna be the ONE. Rossi is someone who has the passion, speed, style AND he is RAW! The next Senna anyone? Any thoughts on this? Excuse my bad english, Estonian living in Ireland.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
Title number 8, here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2009, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think MS will completely own the field but as long as Ferrari doesn't win, I'm in (only because they have two drivers that I don't like).

Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Adriano323 is an unknown quantity at this point
There is a high possibility Ferrari will have advantage next season, as they have stopped development of 09 car quite early to start on the 2010 car, which is not a development of the 09 but a brand new car, while the rest of the field were developing their cars up to the last race, including Brawn and Mclaren.
It will be quite funny if Ferrari will dominate the field and Schumi will be in the middle.
I would love to see Alonso win the title with Ferrari.
It will be the most exciting season ever.

Quick Reply: It's official, Shumacher's racing for MB!!!