Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

DTM History - The Golden Years

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow DTM History - The Golden Years

YouTube - DTM History - The Golden Years

Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Just awesome, absolutely love the opening. I'm rep'd out for the day, will do tomorrow.

Love the clip @ 1:01

Old 10-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
DTM is my favorite series. Is there any video like this of the detuned F1 engine era? Those cars were incredible (mid-90s before the 4.0L V8s).

This is what I'm talking about (V6s revving to 13,000 rpms):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z-glKupCpo

From Wiki:

In 1993, the Group A rules were abandoned in favor of a more liberalized 2.5 L engine series called FIA Class 1, with extensive use of ABS, four-wheel drive, electronic driver aids and carbon fibre chassis, the former three were technologies that were banned from F1. Opel, Mercedes-Benz and Alfa Romeo all fielded works teams after Audi and BMW had abandoned earlier.

Last edited by Chris from Cali; 10-06-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
the golden years indeed great find

Old 10-06-2009, 10:34 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
That makes me wet.

Rep for you.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:36 PM
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Why did BMW leave DTM? Was it to focus on F1 development?

Won't be complete till they return. Hopefully they will after the F1 season.

And how sick does that Martini Alfa look Chris. Thats the era where they were more advanced than F1.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I've heard that one reason BMW Motorsport pulled out of F1 for the near future was so that they could focus on touring car/GT racing as it better translates to their production cars. Scuttle butt is that BMW plans to base their DTM return on info learned from the ALMS M3 GT2 cars. I very much hope this proves true b/c a modern day M3 DTM would be beyond epic.

Old 10-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
DTM is phenomenal. I was so out-of-my-mind pissed @ Speed Channel when they pulled DTM to show NASCAR "highlights" (an oxymoron if you ask me). DTM is what NASCAR wishes it was...

Old 10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by JC919
I've heard that one reason BMW Motorsport pulled out of F1 for the near future was so that they could focus on touring car/GT racing as it better translates to their production cars. Scuttle butt is that BMW plans to base their DTM return on info learned from the ALMS M3 GT2 cars. I very much hope this proves true b/c a modern day M3 DTM would be beyond epic.
Would be just a 3-series. But in know what your saying. EPIC.

Iv'e been searching for footage of my old man racing the E30's in the early nineties. I'm gonna go to the film archive when i have some time to try and digg the TV footage out.