Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Ferrari confirms three-year Alonso deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Ferrari confirms three-year Alonso deal

Fernando Alonso has revealed that he already had a 2011 Ferrari deal in place before arranging to join the team a year earlier than originally intended.

It had long been thought that Alonso was destined to eventually join Ferrari, but when the Italian team extended Felipe Massa and Kimi Raikkonen's contracts through 2010, it appeared that 2011 would be the soonest he could arrive - and Alonso confirmed that this was the initial plan.

But Ferrari recently began negotiating to end Raikkonen's deal a year early to make room for Alonso, and today the team announced that the Spaniard would join its line-up for three years from 2010.

"We already had an agreement this summer starting in 2011, but then, [in] the last days, the picture changed and we decided to anticipate my arrival in Maranello by one year," said Alonso.

Team boss Stefano Domenicali confirmed that Alonso's arrival had been brought forward.

"With Fernando we started talking about a prospective [drive] for 2011, but then there were the conditions to anticipate the start of our relationship already as of the upcoming championship," he said. "We preferred to take the opportunity."

Alonso added that he was achieving a long-held ambition by joining the legendary team.

"I'm very happy and very proud to become a Ferrari driver," he said.

"Driving a single-seater from the Prancing Horse is everybody's dream in this sport and today I have the opportunity to make this dream come true. Above all I want to thank Ferrari chairman Luca di Montezemolo, who really wanted this three-year contract.

"I'm sure that, together with Felipe, we'll offer Ferrari and the fans from all over the world some great satisfaction. I can't wait to start working with my new team."

He also paid tribute to Renault, which took him to the 2005 and 2006 world championships, and where he returned in 2008 after his unhappy year at McLaren.

"The years at Renault were fantastic," said Alonso. "I wish the team all the best and let's hope we gain some good results in the last races this year."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79061

Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
about time the made it "official"

Old 09-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Time to dust off my Ferrari shirt

Old 09-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
well we all saw this coming, it's no longer just gossip

he should do well. he fits well in a Ferrari

Old 09-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh boy...looks like Ferrari is gonna be back on top again!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:51 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Dammit man, he is going to be tough to beat in a Ferrari.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
So we can be expecting McLaren to publish a statement saying they call dibs on Raikkonen any day now.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Räikkönen: Three fantastic years

Formula One news: Räikkönen: Three fantastic years - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Kimi Räikkönen has thanked the team that took him to his first and so far only Drivers' World Championship title in 2007. Wednesday's news that Fernando Alonso will be joining the team to partner Felipe Massa brings an end to the Finn's association with the legendary marque one year early.

Räikkönen had been contractually bound to continue until the end of next season although the two parties agreed that the deal would be shortened, with Ferrari paying the additional year's salary.

"With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule," Räikkönen explained. "I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races.

"Together, we have won 50% of the world titles in that period and I managed to take the Drivers' title in 2007, thus achieving the target I had set myself at the start of my career. I have always felt at home with everyone here and I will have many happy memories of my time with the team."

"We wish to thank Kimi for everything he has done during his time with Ferrari," added Ferrari Team Principal Stefano Domenicali. "In his first year with us, he managed to win the Drivers' title, thus making his contribution to Ferrari's history and he played a vital role in our taking of the Constructors' title in 2007 and 2008."

Old 09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
"With common consent, we have agreed to terminate the contract binding me to Ferrari to the end of 2010, one year ahead of schedule," Räikkönen explained. "I am very sad to be leaving a team with which I have spent three fantastic years, during which time I won plenty of races.
[/I]
I wonder how he looked like when he said this.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Raz5219
Oh boy...looks like Ferrari is gonna be back on top again!
Hami + Kimi > Alonso + Massa

Quick Reply: Ferrari confirms three-year Alonso deal