Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Alonso to Drive for Ferrari...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
Why does everybody think Kimi is leaving? I think he's going to stay since he won't make much money by rallying.

And besides, everybody seems to forget he's a damn good driver. He did win in 2007, didn't he? And look at all those fastest lap he has.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't be surprised if the team wanted him to leave. He's been coasting for 2 years. Seems like he's lost the fire.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zippy
I wouldn't be surprised if the team wanted him to leave. He's been coasting for 2 years. Seems like he's lost the fire.
You seem to be on the right track.

'Ferrari to pay-off Raikkonen' - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com

Old 08-15-2009, 04:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
... make way for Alonso and his EgO

Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
I for one hope Alonso gets the Ferrari deal. I want to see more competition and Alonso can definitely provide that with the right equipment. I think he's easily one of the top 3 quickest drivers out there, and with a fast car, things will get interesting. Other drivers will be forced to step up their game as well.

Old 08-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ lets hope he guess that fast car

Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
oh yes he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Alonso 'will switch to Ferrari'

Fernando Alonso will move from Renault to Ferrari next year and spark a cascade of other driver changes, according to McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh.

The double world champion's expected switch is an open secret in Formula 1, but Whitmarsh is the first senior figure publicly to acknowledge it.

"I think we all know that the Fernando-Ferrari move has a knock-on effect that ripples through the other teams," he said.

Ferrari said Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa were already contracted for 2010.

"He (Whitmarsh) can say what he wants, there is no 'Fernando-Ferrari move'," said a spokesman for the Italian team.

"Things can happen and not happen. But you cannot talk about any Fernando-Ferrari move. We have two drivers with a contract until the end of 2010. We are not under pressure to change anything."

Old 08-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so confused.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Why the hell would Martin Whitmarsh know whether Alonso was going to Ferrari? I refuse to believe it until its either reported by Autosport or Dana. Oh, and I'm a huge Kimi fan, but I wouldn't be surprised. I think he'd rather relax by drinking a lot of vodka, taking ecstacy, and driving rally cars, possibly at the same time.

Last edited by "The JC"; 08-21-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Update

Formula One news: 'Alonso to Ferrari announcement delayed' - GPUpdate.net Formula One

As rumours surrounding a number of teams continue to circulate in the Formula One paddock, gossip regarding Fernando Alonso's move to Ferrari next year continues to be the epicentre of the silly season; however, a source close to both parties has told GPWeek that a Monza announcement has now been delayed as Felipe Massa continues to recuperate.

With Alonso highly tipped to become team-mate to Massa at the Maranello team next year, the Brazilian's injuries sustained from his Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying crash have thrown a number of variables into the mix at the Scuderia although the Paulista is expected to make a full recovery ahead of next season.

With the Italian Grand Prix weekend (12-13 September) the traditional scene for Ferrari announcements, GPWeek as now been told by an anonymous source that any news bulletins will be placed on hold. "The announcement was due to be made in Monza as had been expected for some time," the quote reads. "However with Massa's return under question the team has been forced to delay.

"Fernando will be a Ferrari driver in 2010. The deal has been signed. The only question is his team-mate and out of respect for Felipe, Ferrari will not make the announcement until they are sure whether he will be able to return."

Quick Reply: Alonso to Drive for Ferrari...