Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Americans first, money second, say USF1

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Why not take one US driver and develop him/her for 2 years, and take an experienced driver with money to help move the program along?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:38 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
Why not take one US driver and develop him/her for 2 years, and take an experienced driver with money to help move the program along?
the test ban makes that fairly difficult to do. if they wanted to move a driver towards an F1 program they would need to start at the bottom and go up the ladder. this is assuming there is someone out there with the requisite talent to merit this sort of expenditure. an experienced hand would be my choice as well.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^ I meant develop the inexperienced driver in the car on race weekends within the testing regs. Sure hope USF1 principals remember the Scott Speed experiment, not sure they can afford to run two inexperienced drivers until they get competitive, they will lose sponsors before they can blink an eye.