Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 drivers are so lazy…

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Smile F1 drivers are so lazy…

I mean look at what Button does in his free time…

After six grands prix victories this season, watching Jenson Button cross the finish line has become a familiar sight in Formula 1 but on Sunday the Brawn driver was a little bit harder to spot.
With a final burst of adrenalin, the world championship leader flashed past the finish in a blur of grey shorts with his hair slicked flat to his face.
Was that him?
The watching Mole couldn't be sure because Button was just another face among 6,000 amateur athletes testing their mettle in the London Triathlon.
Luckily the flash of the snappers' cameras and the extra-special cheers gave it away.
It was Button, and what's more he had raced through the Olympic distance - a 1500m swim, 40km bike ride and a 10km run - in a personal best time of two hours and seven minutes.
"I think I'm going to collapse now," joked a surprisingly buoyant Button afterwards.
"I didn't push too hard in the swim as I have done before and I got it done in 24 minutes so I'm very happy.
"I was massively quicker than I expected on the bike, one hour and three minutes, and then I took the first lap of the run relatively easy before giving it the beans on the second lap to finish in 35.02 mins.
"I feel really good. There was only one thing my trainer failed on. He told me not to fill my water bottle up to the top because I wouldn't drink it all but I got halfway round and it was completely gone, so I struggled a bit there."…
BBC - BBC Sport: F1 Mole: Blistering Button tackles London Triathlon

Old 08-03-2009, 04:03 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
That's pretty hardcore. I heard he was training for a triathlon.

"Yeah, I drive F1 for something to do on Sunday's and keep on edge for Triathlons." -JB

Old 08-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That is wild... those guys are so damn fit. I know Webber's done a few triathlons and Wurz is (was?) a competitive cyclist.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Just goes to show you that although they "only" drive cars, they are some of the most physically fit athletes on the planet.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
That is wild... those guys are so damn fit. I know Webber's done a few triathlons and Wurz is (was?) a competitive cyclist.
webbo's done some 24hr bicycle races and wurz was bmx world champ before he got into F1 i believe.