Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Heidfeld & Corser Swap Formula 1 Car & Superbike

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Heidfeld & Corser Swap Formula 1 Car & Superbike

Heidfeld & Corser Swap Formula 1 Car & Superbike on Vimeo

Official Release: The highlight of this year’s one-day event at the Nürburgring for fans and partners of the BMW Sauber F1 Team was the vehicle swap between German Formula One driver Nick Heidfeld and BMW Motorrad Superbike rider Troy Corser of Australia – more than 700 hp on four wheels in exchange for a good 200 hp on two. Over 700 guests came to the Eifel to enjoy an exclusive ride through the gamut of BMW’s racing activities.

This is what Heidfeld (32) had to say after his ride on the Superbike: “It was a sensational experience – thank you to everyone! I already had lots of fun practising on the street bike in the morning, and managed to score the first scrapes into the knee area of my racing suit. That was inevitable. Of course I wanted to touch the ground while cornering on the racing machine as well, and I came up trumps there too. I had expected the Superbike to be a huge leap over the production version, a bit like series cars and racers, but I was surprised in the end. The difference is huge. On the one hand the Superbike is more aggressive, builds up more grip and has the superior brakes, but on the other hand it is easier to ride because you can control it so well. The handling is very precise. Obviously I’m still miles from the limit with the superbike; I would love to have done a lot more laps.

rest of the article --> BimmerFile Archive Heidfeld & Corser Swap Formula 1 Car & Superbike

Old 07-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Ah the perks of being a F1 driver. Thanks for the post DJ.

Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty cool stuff. It's a shame that neither driver pushed their respective vehicles to the limit but I suppose they weren't really comfortable. Still, it was a great video!