Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Bourdais to begin legal process against team

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 09:21 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Bourdais to begin legal process against team

Formula One news: Bourdais to begin legal process against team - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Sébastien Bourdais has announced that he will be taking legal action against Scuderia Toro Rosso after news of his instant departure on Thursday. The Frenchman argues that his contract ran until the end of the season and therefore states how the Italian squad has breached the deal, adding that he will remain personally committed to F1.

Rumoured for some time, the ousting from the Faenza-based Toro Rosso team of four-time Champ Car Champion Bourdais was confirmed on Thursday and is likely to be followed by the appointment of reigning British Formula 3 Champion Jaime Alguersuari.

However, a response from Bourdais states that he is both taking action through barristers and believes that no action of his own has influenced the decision of the team. Finally, the 30-year-old also mentioned that he will be returning to racing in the USA.

Bourdais' statement reads:

'I am very disappointed and shocked by the decision taken by Scuderia Toro Rosso of not allowing me to drive for the Team until the end of the current season.

I consider that, in doing so, Scuderia Toro Rosso has breached its contractual duties towards me; also I believe that nothing in my behavior would legitimate a decision of the Team to terminate the contract.

I think that the Team's decision is in clear violation of Scuderia Toro Rosso's obligations under the agreement. I have instructed my lawyers to review the situation including the possibility of issuing legal proceedings.

I am even more frustrated by the Team's decision considering that the latter has been taken immediately before the Hungarian Grand Prix, where a new highly competitive racing package will be introduced by the Team in order to try and overcome its current difficulties.

I am convinced that if I was given the chance to race with such a new package I would have had the opportunity to achieve satisfactory results.

Finally, I would like to thank all my fans for their support. My motivation is intact and I will continue to be strongly committed to my Formula One project, for which I have renounced to my career in United States.'

Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Sebastian Bourdais for USF1!!! Or whatever they're calling it these days.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:42 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Someone with much more money came along.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Sebastian Bourdais for USF1!!! Or whatever they're calling it these days.

well they'll need to start with someone experience in F1 imo to stir a fan base and sponsorship

Last edited by .:Raul; 07-18-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by .:Raul
well they'll need to start with someone experiencein F1 imo to stir a fan base and sponsorship
Oh yeah, and with a Frenchman?????!!! Yeah, that would really rally the US fan base wouldn't it!!!

Old 07-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
^They need two drivers. The other can be American and Bourdais is already popular among American fans after him many years in Champ Car. Honestly, I think he would be a great choice. This especially when they will need to focus the first year on car and team development, rather than on developing a driver new to F1.

Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
I've got about 200 competitive Karting races under my belt and last week beat a Rolex Prototype driver in a race. Maybe we should have a TS member in USF1... To bad I won't have a shot in hell in getting it, oh well, back to my normal Friday activites.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Bourdais actually would be a good fit for USF1, imo. We'll see what happens though.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Bourdais actually would be a good fit for USF1, imo. We'll see what happens though.
That he would, he's as American as french fries as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Have to disagree if USF1 is looking for a driver with winning potential and set-up knowledge. Does his performance in an F1 car count for anything? Even if he were rated a so-so driver with money, why wouldn't Red Bull hang on to him?

I honestly wouldn't put him in my top 10 list of potential drivers based on performance and sponsorship moolah.

Quick Reply: Bourdais to begin legal process against team