Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Angry Barrichello blames pit crew

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Barrichello blames pit crew

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Angry Barrichello blames pit crew

Brawn GP driver Rubens Barrichello has launched a blistering attack on his own team, blaming them for costing him victory at the German Grand Prix.
The Brazilian was well placed to win before a pit stop went wrong on lap 32 which meant he needed a third stop.

"It was a good show from the team of how to lose a race today I am terribly upset with how it's gone," he said.

"I did all I had to do today, I was first on the first corner, they made me lose the race basically."

Barrichello came in for a second time on lap 32, but an apparent problem with the fuel hose meant he did not get enough fuel onboard to complete the race without making a third stop.

"I feel sorry for myself and I feel sorry for the team," said the 37-year-old Brazilian.

"To be very honest with you I wish I could get on the plane and go home right now. I don't want to talk to anybody in the team because I don't want to understand, there will be a lot of blah blah blah blah blah and I don't want to hear that.

"If this is really what is going on we are going to end up losing both championships and that would be even more terrible.

"I am not saying that the team are favouring anyone, I am just saying that it was a good show of how to lose a race today."

Brawn team boss Ross Brawn put Barrichello's comments down to frustration and said his driver "didn't have all the facts."

Old 07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
It's a tough situation to deal with because Barrichello really was driving a fantastic race and gave Mark Webber an honest challenge but at the end of the day, it was a simple malfunction with the fuel hose. Problems like this happen all the time (just ask Ferrari ) but at least it wasn't a problem with the car that could've taken him out of the race.

I can understand where Barrichello's frustration is coming from, but his reaction was uncalled for, imo. Sounds like there might be a bit of tension between him and the team now which certainly won't help him in the future.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I think Rubens needs to watch what he says. He is a good driver with a great car. If he leaves Brawn I don't think he will be a hot commodity among the top tier teams. Shooting his mouth off like that could have him piloting a Force India car next year if he is not careful........

Old 07-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Even if the fuel problem didn't happen, I still don't think Rubens would have won. Mistakes happen and that just racing. He should definitely watch what he says as he's nearing the end of his career and there's plenty of talented drivers waiting to take his seat.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Rubens "Blame Game" Barrichello, if I recall correctly he lost the race when he couldn't gap the heavier running webber in the opening stint. I think the drive through penalty for Webber was worse than a hose malfunction.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. I never thought I could despise that dude more that I previously did. Well, I do now.
What a poor excuse of a driver.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with what you guys have said. The last thing you want to do as a driver is create a rift between yourself and the team, especially when you're team mate is the favorite for the title.