Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Dana's Whereabouts

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Dana's Whereabouts

You might be wondering where Dana has been instead of clowning on people in the forum as of late. On July 4, around 11 a.m., he went for a ride on his Ducati over motoenthusiasts' preferred Saturday-morning ride here in Orange County: the infamous Ortega Highway (Hwy 74). At some point, he lost control of the bike and rode off of an embankment. Although the details are still a bit unclear--as he was riding alone and cannot speak to what happened yet--his body flipped over about 8 times before he came to a stop. Another motorist behind him, quickly ran to his aid and kept him conscious while first responders arrived.

He has a broken left knee, broken (or factured ribs), broken right wrist, and punctured lung. The left side of his body, where he experienced the most contact, was fairly roughed up. Luckily, by the grace of God, there were no head or spinal injuries.

I visited him yesterday in the ICU, where he will remain for another few days. He could understand what I was saying to him, but could not speak back. Despite his injuiries, he seems to be managing pain well (with the help of some high-powered potion they are giving him). As we communicated, he was his same self and cracked a joke or two.

I let him know that I would throw up a post about him. I plan to visit him again tomorrow, so if you have any messages for him, post them here and I'll print them for his viewing. I could tell he was bummed about missing German this weekend.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Jesus. Please let him know we are thinking about him. Thanks for the update and very glad to hear he is as well as can be expected.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
Horrible to hear, hope he has a speedy recovery.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Can we make this a sticky somehow? I don't know how to do that or have the capability, but figured folks would want to see this.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh man, that's not good news, but glad to hear he doesn't have any major injuries. Wishing him a quick recovery! Please keep us updated.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
In the spirit of his posts, I'll just put this out there: Bonita--I think he will recover quicker if you would post a picture of your mug on the board.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:33 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Bluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond reputeBluestrike2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Over_Under
Can we make this a sticky somehow? I don't know how to do that or have the capability, but figured folks would want to see this.
I'd be more than willing to, however, generally un-stickied threads get more attention. Let me know what you'd like.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
saintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant futuresaintv90 has a brilliant future
Wow. Hope he recovers quickly!

Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
That's unbelievable!! In a way I was dreading that his absence could be due to something like this. All the best you and the rest of the family. I hope for a speedy recovery, and I will without a doubt keep him in my thoughts.

Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Oh very sorry to hear.... keep us posted on when he will fully recover.

Quick Reply: Dana's Whereabouts