Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Official F1 Summer Break Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Great post X2dac and Over under
1- I agree with you and if I could I'd vote for you to be FIA president. I have to disagree with the points system I'd have one drivers championship and perhaps a Constructor's championship and a customer's championship.

2- Over_under you'd be surprised to learn that Webber and Alonso are the best of friends

Old 06-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
You don't like the idea of customer's putting points to the constructor's championship?

Old 06-26-2009, 03:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Since three more teams are on the grid that obviously means that the barriers to entry in F1 have been significantly reduced I think the constructors commitment and investment should be recognized if you are a constructor you hire more people and spend more money .... just my $.02

Old 06-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I thought I would start up a thread where we can discuss all issues that face F1 during the insufferable 3-week summer break.

How about this for an initial list:

1. Will it be business as usual for Brawn in the second half of the season or will Red Bull rise up and take the glory?

1. Red Bull will rise up and give them a fair battle but Button will take the cake.

2. How much has Williams improved? Will Rosberg and Nakajima challenge for podiums?

2. Not a lot, Rosberg might be able to grab one or two third places but nothing more.

3. Can Toyota get back on track?

3. No

4. Has Massa proven he is back in contention for podiums? What's up with Kimi?

4. Massa and Kimi will finish the top 10 rest of the season, more likely seventh then third.

5. Can BMW salvage anything from this season?

5. No.

6. Why is Lewis Hamilton still a 10.0 m driver in our Fantasy League?

6. It just shows that the fantasy league is corrupt and tha I should atleast be in the top10.

7. Fantasy Issues: Rosberg or Kimi? Fishichella or Kubica? Webber or Barrichello?

7. Corrupt.

8. Fantasy Issues: Who are the 4 "must have" drivers?

8. Corrupt.

9. Will the FIA and the FOTA sort things out or is it too late?

9. Somehow I don't think this is over quite yet.

10. Can F1 survive without the "Big 8" constructors? Will you watch F1 without the Big 8?

10. Yes and No. I would watch the spin-off series instead.

Let's debate the issues!

I expect some glorious banter to get me through the insane 3-week summer break.
Answers by the Oracle strebo.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Urgh... I miss the racing already.

Old 06-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
1. Will it be business as usual for Brawn in the second half of the season or will Red Bull rise up and take the glory?

I think Brawn will continue to develop there car but Red Bull will continue to be a pain in their side for the rest of the season. I'm still calling it that Brawn will win the WCC and Button will take the WDC.

2. How much has Williams improved? Will Rosberg and Nakajima challenge for podiums?

Williams has certainly improved since the beginning of the season but I don't think we can expect a win out of either driver yet. Then again, stranger things have happened (Vettel winning in Monza, for instance). I would not be surprised to see either Williams driver finish in 3rd at some point this season though.

I don't expect much out of Glock this season but we expect to see Trulli finish in the points more often in the 2nd half of the season as long as Toyota continues to develop their car.

Massa has a shot at the podium if he's having a good weekend, but Kimi doesn't stand much of a chance, imo. In any case, I'd expect Williams to finish ahead of Ferrari in the constructors championship this year.

Nope.

Too many people picked him at the beginning of the year and then stopped actively participating in the league.

7. Fantasy Issues: Rosberg or Kimi? Fishichella or Kubica? Webber or Barrichello?

Rosberg, Fisi, Barrichello. Then again, you can't really go wrong with Webber this year either.

8. Fantasy Issues: Who are the 4 "must have" drivers?

Button, Vettel, Barrichello, Webber.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute

I think they will stay strong but Button will be victorious

Perhaps one or two thirds or maybe they can squeak a second place

Doubt it

I wouldn't say proven but on the right track

Doubt it

I think Alzilla is correct and I am one of those to blame. I will change or cancel my roster if it's screwing things up. Sorry fellas I never thought it would have an impact if I left it and kind of wondered how my original team could do in the long run.

Stop participating I hate the way the points and drivers were in that league. Nothing against Dana he did an insanely good job getting that going I just hate the way that site set it up

9. Will the FIA and the FOTA sort things out or is it too late?

I also don't think this is over yet but hopefully it is

10. Can F1 survive without the "Big 8" constructors? Will you watch F1 without the Big 8?

Not a chance. It's a spectacle and needs the big 8. Die hards will stay but that won't be enough to keep the sport going and moving forward. It'll slowly die off like the IRL and CART did once they split into those two organizations.

Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Dana Where Is The Recap

Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The recap is just about done. But I am going to wait until Monday to post it.

If I post it during the July 4 holiday (in the USA) it will likely go unnoticed.

My ego can't take that!

Old 07-02-2009, 02:51 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Common.. its the weekend here. and i didnt read anything about the race waiting for this....

you can post a thread marketing this thread later

Quick Reply: The Official F1 Summer Break Banter Thread