Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Official F1 Summer Break Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 02:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Official F1 Summer Break Banter Thread

I thought I would start up a thread where we can discuss all issues that face F1 during the insufferable 3-week summer break.

How about this for an initial list:

1. Will it be business as usual for Brawn in the second half of the season or will Red Bull rise up and take the glory?

2. How much has Williams improved? Will Rosberg and Nakajima challenge for podiums?

3. Can Toyota get back on track?

4. Has Massa proven he is back in contention for podiums? What's up with Kimi?

5. Can BMW salvage anything from this season?

6. Why is Lewis Hamilton still a 10.0 m driver in our Fantasy League?

7. Fantasy Issues: Rosberg or Kimi? Fishichella or Kubica? Webber or Barrichello?

8. Fantasy Issues: Who are the 4 "must have" drivers?

9. Will the FIA and the FOTA sort things out or is it too late?

10. Can F1 survive without the "Big 8" constructors? Will you watch F1 without the Big 8?

Let's debate the issues!

I expect some glorious banter to get me through the insane 3-week summer break.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-24-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
first post!..

okk but really, F1 will survive without the Big 8, but will never be the same. Real fans will probably stick around and I dont think F1 will take too much of a hit if the Big 8 were to withdraw.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Just want to say.

X2daC for FIA president in 2010!

Old 06-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
Just want to say.

X2daC for FIA president in 2010!
What? More Ferrari favortism? Will nothing change...

Old 06-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Ferrari ftw

Old 06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Max Mosley got what he deserved.

Old 06-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 06-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
No, despite my Tifosi love, things would be pretty equal.

I would actually keep KERS optional and leave it optional until all teams provide a reliable system.

There would be a budget cap of 100 million dollars. I would be flexible of 25 million. After the 2010 season, I would sit down with teams and see where things could be trimmed. Not just pulling a number out my butt and hoping it would work.

I would bring back the old customer cars, but there would be regulations in place.

Teams with factory support would be kept to having two customers a piece. For example.

Brawn GP, McLaren, and Force India would have to choose who is the maker and who is the customer. Say if Brawn GP was the maker, McLaren and Force India would be the customers. They would enter a bid to become customers, note there would also be a cap on this. To make it fair to the rest of the people trying to become customers.

Now not just anyone would be able to have team. Hence last year's Rolex Daytona when you had lower class RX8s walking by higher class GT3RSRs because Daddy bought them a car to race.

What do you get as a customer? You have a base engine, aero, suspension, and brake package. That's it. No sharing of information, you must do your own testing and tuning.

What does this do to the championship? You will have three champions, factory driver's, customer driver's, and constructor's. Now what makes this idea grand is that factory driver's points will still be at the same rate, while customer's points will be halved and rounded towards the constructor's championship.

Example, Kimi gets 12 points towards the constructor's with Ferrari, Buemi would get 6 points towards the constructor's. That would keep things a bit interesting if I say so myself.

Track wise, I would work with Bernie to bring a race or two back to North America. Mainly a street circuit and a track circuit. I would try to make the races in the middle of the country or in a larger metro area. To make travel easier on the fans.

This may over step my boundaries as FIA president, but it would be my duty to make sure that the world championship is just that, a world championship. A minimum of two races on each continent.

I think I have summed up my ideas pretty well. If there are questions, please feel free to fire them off, and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
OK, so remember at summer camp or wherever you were in the summer as a kid and you sat around talking about stuff with your pals before falling asleep at night . . . well, who would win the following in an MMA-style fight, yes, in the octagon?!:

Rosberg v. Sutil? Both a bit soft in the wrist.

Kimi v. Kov - Emotionally opposite countrymen going at it.

Massa v. Alonzo - One loves schumi, the other loathes him. One will drive for Ferrari next year, the other will not. Much to fight over.

Fischi v. Rubens - To give them their last "15 minutes of fame."

Vettel v. Bourdais - The German v. the French.

Kubica v. Truli - They still need to settle the score from Australia.

Webber v. Alonso - B/c webber is a bad A and I want to see someone seriously punk Alonso.

Piquet v. Buemi - Because we have never seen Piquet's face on world wide feed.

Button v. Hamilton - Because Hamilton can't get close to him on the track.

Nakajima v. Glock - Because Nak is pissed about Glock driving for Toyota.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ha Ha!! That's awesome. I will chime in soon.

Quick Reply: The Official F1 Summer Break Banter Thread