Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Official Brittish Grand Prix Post Race Banter Thread [S]

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Official Brittish Grand Prix Post Race Banter Thread [S]

Wow! What a race.

Discussion points:

1. Has Red Bull caught and surpassed Brawn?

2. Has Ferrari passed Toyota?

3. Is Rosberg a top 5 driver now?

4. Can Jenson recover?

5. Why a three-week break before Germany??

Old 06-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Teamspeed Member
airflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond reputeairflite1 has a reputation beyond repute
I was wondering what everyone was doing in the Live thread. Then I saw the reference to the live link. I don't get fox in the RV, so I wish I would have seen that earlier. I'll have to keep on top of it next time.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
i cant believe i missed the race

Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
i cant believe i missed the race
We missed you Bo

Old 06-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Discussion points:

The next race will be a huge indicator. Brawn has a full three weeks to sort out their issues. If they cannot get back onto the RedBull pace after a three week break, then you could make a strong case that Red Bull has surpassed Brawn.

Not so much "passed" as "caught up with." I think the cars are now about equal, Toyota's may still be a bit better. Ferrari has much better drivers than Toyota. Put Kimi and Massa in the Brawn or RedBull cars and I think we would be talking about those two competing for the world title. Really makes you appreciate how great Little Lewie had it last year. He had the best car last year.

Not yet. Needs to show more consistency. Unlike many of the newer drivers, he does finish races which is a good thing. Many of the newer guys tend to crash or break their cars. 5th one week, DNF the next, 8th the next week, 15th the week after....... If Rosberg can get at least two more finishes in the top 8, then you can say he is a top 5. However, to put him in the top 5 means that you are saying he is a better driver than Kimi, Lewie, Alonso, etc. Is he a better driver, or does he have a better car?????

4. Can Jenson recover?

Yes. Will he win every remaining race this season? No. I still feel he is the leading contender for the championship. Button and Rubens are both very fast, as are Webber and Vettel. There may be some driver championship points cannibalized among team mates. We'll see how good Rubens and Webber are at being a "good team mates"

Not sure, but Ross Brawn has to be happy about it after todays race

Old 06-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
We missed you Bo
thanks big E :P

now i am going through the other thread to see what happened in the race. i dont think i can find a recorded race...

i am so angry

Old 06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Bo means business
all my love goes to Alzilla for noticing i wasnt around..

others ... bad bad boys

Old 06-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I noticed you were gone. Was sad you were not there.

Sorry about the mini spoiler I posted in the FOX thread. That was my bad.

I meant it to go in the Fantasy discussion thread. Too many damn threads.

Old 06-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute

Caught? Yes. Surpassed? I think it's too early to tell. As BigE pointed out, both teams will have the next 3 weeks to sort things out and make some improvements. It'll be interesting to see which team has made the better changes in Germany. I think the temperature really plays a big role so with most of the really hot circuits already out of the way, I think this can be a significant advantage for the Red Bull guys. I'm curious about Red Bull though as I feel Webber should've been able to stay a bit closer to the rear of Vettel's car. It's hard to believe Vettel was really THAT much faster than Webber in the same car. Then again, just look at Lewis and Heikki last year...

Again, it's hard to say. Ferrari's reliability has increased 10-fold since the beginning of the season, but that can mostly be attributed to removing KERS. I think Toyota might have a better car, but Ferrari clearly has the better drivers. It'll be a battle of man vs machine to see who comes out on top by the end of the season.

Most certainly not. He's definitely in the Top 10 though. I'd rate him right around 8th right now as far as talent this season. I'm sure most of the other drivers wish they could drive like him in qualifying though.

4. Can Jenson recover?

Definitely. One off week among a season of near perfect races. I'd predict him to win next week, actually.

I'm not sure, but I'm looking forward to some time off to catch up on sleep.

Thanks again for posting that link, Dana! I used it to watch Top Gear on BBC2 this afternoon as well!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Bo means business
too many threads

Quick Reply: The Official Brittish Grand Prix Post Race Banter Thread [S]