Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Sad State Of F1 - Empty Grandstands for Turkish GP

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
Maybe those ticket prices have something to do that this track only hosts this ONE RACE a year.
I still don't understand how that makes any sort of financial sense. The track owners still have to pay to keep the track in good condition all year. Might as well use it and bring in more $$$, no?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting snippet from Massa's post Turkish GP interview:

Q. Mark Webber said that perhaps the organisers should have opened up the gates for free because of the lack of spectators and atmosphere. What was it like for you?

FM: I think when you come here and you see in the city that there are massive fans around, and you come here and see that there is nobody then you know that it is just too expensive. So we have to make it cheaper. We prefer to race at a track with cheaper tickets but a lot of people inside, because if they put down the price of the tickets it would be full.

That is also one of the issues we have, that it is too expensive. If you go in normal families, if you need to spend 1000 Euros for you and your two kids, you think about what to do. You say I prefer to watch on television, so for me it is clear.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
great quote dana.

and this just pisses me off. We lose the Indy race which as already stated was PACKED and full of life. My buddies and I would drive up from STL with a 100.00 gen adm. ticket for 3 days. We camped across the street and woke up to screaming race cars. thats what it is about. racing, friends, cars and the common F1 passion. To see the stands go empty makes me sick inside. Chalk up another reason Bernie is total moron

Old 06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
the Turkish live thread was empty too

like father like son i guess

Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sean
Guys, $500 is for the best seats in the house.

Gen admission tix are 25 euro. This is not unaffordable.
Well, It was a great race and I had a very entertaining day. It was expected that after all my complaints about prices I just couldn't justify the price so sold my tickets and swithced to open area tickets which are the cheapest tickets of the race and it was still great. With those tickets you simply watch the race standing up most if the time or you try to sit on soil under burning june sun. Even those tickets were 90tl which is 60$ or 45Euro NOT 25 !

Originally Posted by Gobbles
Maybe those ticket prices have something to do that this track only hosts this ONE RACE a year.
That is also one of the other problems we are facing with BE management of the circuit. He doesn't allow for any club or organization or simple enthusiasts to rent the track for track days which, is common application on all famous tracks around the track. And if he finally agrees to rent which is very rare, he is asking $100K for the day !! It is outrageus !!! Even 'Ring costs 20K Euro per day !
We are begging to track management to lower the track rental for track days but they always say the same thing, "Bernie Ecclestone owns the circuit, he decides on the prices." SHAME ! Such a great track is wasted...

Originally Posted by Bonita
the Turkish live thread was empty too

like father like son i guess
Unfortunately ! But will post some pics and videos from the race soon !

Old 06-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
yah massa comment is interesting... that why we love him dana... right

Old 06-08-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Clubber
Well, It was a great race and I had a very entertaining day. It was expected that after all my complaints about prices I just couldn't justify the price so sold my tickets and swithced to open area tickets which are the cheapest tickets of the race and it was still great. With those tickets you simply watch the race standing up most if the time or you try to sit on soil under burning june sun. Even those tickets were 90tl which is 60$ or 45Euro NOT 25 !
Got my info here:

http://www.turkeygrandprix.com/downl...orm_F12009.pdf

Old 06-08-2009, 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Clubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond reputeClubber has a reputation beyond repute
Junior meaning kids under 15 !!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute