Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Official F1 Turkish Grand Prix Pre-Race, Practice and Qualifying Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:34 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
No problem brother.

You need an avatar. Pick a nice HD pic from my thread with all the F1 pictures in it. Send it to DJ and he will hook you up.
yea you're right, I do need one. Everytime I start looking for a pic, I get sidetracked by something else.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the rough
Hi Everyone, just wanted to write my first post to introduce myself, as I plan on being active with the F1 threads. Thanks Barrister for leading me here.

Without getting into the intricacies, I am a Ferrari fan, and expect to see quite a few podiums from them before the season is out. We have a few hours left before the 2010 season entry deadline.

As much as I am a fan of F1, I wouldn't blame Ferrari for leaving. F1 has become a circus or nonsense. Mosley and Ecclestone have got to go. Yes it would be nice to have more teams because of the budget, but F1 should be about technology, and none of all these restrictions. They should bring back the free for all. 8's, 12's, NA, Turbo's, etc. Even better, bring back manual shifting.

Cheers.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PRS29
Hi Everyone, just wanted to write my first post to introduce myself, as I plan on being active with the F1 threads. Thanks Barrister for leading me here.

Without getting into the intricacies, I am a Ferrari fan, and expect to see quite a few podiums from them before the season is out. We have a few hours left before the 2010 season entry deadline.

As much as I am a fan of F1, I wouldn't blame Ferrari for leaving. F1 has become a circus or nonsense. Mosley and Ecclestone have got to go. Yes it would be nice to have more teams because of the budget, but F1 should be about technology, and none of all these restrictions. They should bring back the free for all. 8's, 12's, NA, Turbo's, etc. Even better, bring back manual shifting.

Cheers.

This is a testament to my ignorance of F1. I had no idea there were so many restrictions.. but i agree that those things should be brought back

Old 05-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
PRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the roughPRS29 is a jewel in the rough
STLG - Thanks for the welcome! Yeah F1 used to have great diversity on the grid. Its been a couple of decades since those days though. I am happy they finally brought back slick tires.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:10 AM
Banned
STLG - Thanks for the welcome! Yeah F1 used to have great diversity on the grid. Its been a couple of decades since those days though. I am happy they finally brought back slick tires.
I've only watched 2 or 3 F1 races.. This years Monaco and 1 or 2 in the past.

I really enjoy watching though, and now I'm going to really enjoy learning the ins and outs hence, i'm here slowly making a fool of myself everytime I ask a dumb question or make a comment about not knowing the simplest of things.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the banter thread PRS29! Good to have you here.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Will Brawn continue its dominance?
Yes. Jenson got a little raise so he now has the motivation needed to win.

Will Red Bull and Toyota get back to form?
Yes. Monaco may have been a bad track for both. Red Bull seems to be all about aero, Mr. Newey will be relieved to be on a track that needs downforce - he must have been pulling his remaining few strands of hair out all week in Monaco.

Toyota will recover to a points paying position.

Has Ferrari stepped up to be Brawn's biggest rival?
At the moment, yes. Red Bull will be back strong also and start pushing Brawn's pace again.

Will Lewis survive the weekend?
He won't die this weekend, but he will be out of the spotlight for sure. Don't expect better than 7th place from Mclaren.

As BigE touched on, Mclaren should scrap this season to ensure success in 2010. I don't expect BGP to have this amount of success next year, so if Mclaren get on with next year's program we can expect a 4 horse race in 2010.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

Old school fan, eh? 30 cars on the grid with different configurations excite you too?

Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
First, excuse my lack of using quotes... can never get it to work right for me when addressing multiple people.

STLG - No such thing as stupid questions... plus your asking questions keeps everyone up to date with their knowledge. Especially with the constant rule changes.

Alzilla - Thanks buddy! I like your McLaren F1 LM avatar. Its my favorite car. Wish I could catch RL driving 003 sometime in NY.

Alex - Thank you as well for the welcome. Yeah the thought of 30 cars on the grid, plus the ability to take technology and performance to the edge (without having to preserve engines and all that nonsense), definitely appeals to me. I am sure I am not the only F1 fan that thinks so. Hehehe.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:57 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the TEAM PRS29!

The more the merrier

Quick Reply: Official F1 Turkish Grand Prix Pre-Race, Practice and Qualifying Banter Thread