Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Official F1 Turkish Grand Prix Pre-Race, Practice and Qualifying Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk
Anyone else love the commentators on SPEED for F1? They are half the reason why I watch the practice and qualifying coverage. Some of the stuff that Barrister quoted shows that the guys behind the mic understand the essence of F1 and why all this bureaucratic nonsense needs to end.

I've been an F1 fan for the better part of a decade now (even attended the Indy GP tire debacle) and would hate to see the dissolution of the series. I haven't posted much in these threads mainly because I don't get up early enough but will try to contribute when possible.

And before you ask, always been a Tifosi since the recent glory days of Schumacher. Not much of a Kimi fan however. Even though it's quite bandwagon, I do root for Brawn these days as I've been cheering on Rubens since I started watching the sport and he was always taking podiums alongside Michael's wins. And who can't respect Jenson, the guy is just plain cool.
Nice post and rep for you.

Glad to have you in the banter thread. This week's race is on FOX in the U.S. so you won't need to get up early.

We will have at least 2 banter threads - a live banter thread and a tape-delayed FOX thread. I may even break them up into an East and West Coast FOX threads because they are being shown at different times.

The Networks are trying to break up Team Speed's F1 conglomerate!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond reputeKraftwerk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister

Glad to have you in the banter thread. This week's race is on FOX in the U.S. so you won't need to get up early.

We will have at least 2 banter threads - a live banter thread and a tape-delayed FOX thread. I may even break them up into an East and West Coast FOX threads because they are being shown at different times.
Then I'll probably be in the delayed on FOX thread, and I'm EST. Thanks!

Old 06-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Anyone else love the commentators on SPEED for F1? They are half the reason why I watch the practice and qualifying coverage. Some of the stuff that Barrister quoted shows that the guys behind the mic understand the essence of F1 and why all this bureaucratic nonsense needs to end.

I've been an F1 fan for the better part of a decade now (even attended the Indy GP tire debacle) and would hate to see the dissolution of the series. I haven't posted much in these threads mainly because I don't get up early enough but will try to contribute when possible.

And before you ask, always been a Tifosi since the recent glory days of Schumacher. Not much of a Kimi fan however. Even though it's quite bandwagon, I do root for Brawn these days as I've been cheering on Rubens since I started watching the sport and he was always taking podiums alongside Michael's wins. And who can't respect Jenson, the guy is just plain cool.
Yes, I love the speed commentating crew. I think that they make it much more enjoyable for the true fans that get up early to watch; they don't "dumb it down" like the crews for NASCAR or IRL, and I really appreciate that. Signing those three to do Indy races would do wonders in getting me to watch (and I suspect others, as well).

Old 06-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!EMart You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Anyone else love the commentators on SPEED for F1?
Yep ... they are great. Informative and entertaining.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely like the commentating on SPEED, though Varsha is known to say some pretty stupid ish from time to time.

Old 06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
Definitely like the commentating on SPEED, though Varsha is known to say some pretty stupid ish from time to time.
Yes. Let's not forget this Varsha gem:

"A bonus for anyone who can tell me where Bahrain is!" or this intelligent analysis . . .

"The fans love racing in the rain so much, maybe they should put sprinklers along the track!"

I don't know where he gets some of this stuff.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-05-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Originally Posted by Barrister
Yes. Let's not forget this Varsha gem:

"A bonus for anyone who can tell me where Bahrain is!" or this intelligent analysis . . .

"The fans love racing in the rain so much, maybe they should put sprinklers along the track!"

I don't know where he gets some of this stuff.
He IS a lawyer...

Last edited by Barrister; 06-05-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah the sprinklers comment is exactly the one I was thinking of. Moron.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-05-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
I can't hate on Varsha, one year he gave a shout out to our Mid Atlantic Ferrari crew before the drive up to Montreal for the race!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Full of Win.
Yeah the sprinklers comment is exactly the one I was thinking of. Moron.
Hey...quit ninja editing my posts when I'm using inside jokes....

I typed "moran" for a reason.

Quick Reply: Official F1 Turkish Grand Prix Pre-Race, Practice and Qualifying Banter Thread