Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

What is a good race series to see this year in the US

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 10:57 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
I'd hit up Elkhart Lake for ALMS. Awesome racing. I go to the Petit Le Mans every year in ATL and always have a blast.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by whitlock
I'd hit up Elkhart Lake for ALMS. Awesome racing. I go to the Petit Le Mans every year in ATL and always have a blast.
Let me know if you're going to Road America in WI for ALMS. I'll be there!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow

Petit Le Mans is always nice; haven't been in a few years since it's been a busy school weekend when it falls.

I was there in 1998 for the first one with my dad, standing right in front of this:

YouTube - Porsche GT1 Flip

Old 05-26-2009, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
A few hours later we even got some close up pictures of the wreckage - carbon shards everywhere - in the corner of pit lane.

I even got away with taking a souvenir since I was 9 years old

Old 05-27-2009, 09:26 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Let me know if you're going to Road America in WI for ALMS. I'll be there!
Will do, haven't been to Road America in years. I'm in need of some good beer and brats. Let me know if you head down to Petit in Atlanta, we always make a nice long weekend out of it.

^^^ That 911 GT1 flipping is insane! I remember seeing the vids of that. Didn't one of those take flight during Le Mans as well that year???

Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I'd plan on going to Petit Le Mans. The only remaining race on the ALMS schedule that will have all the big guys there (Audi, Puegot, more GT cars). Also, it's one of the biggest races for ALMS so there's more support races, and more things to do.

See you there.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
May I add, the Corvette corral at Petit Le Mans is HUGE. I'd say there were 150+ last year.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Will do, haven't been to Road America in years. I'm in need of some good beer and brats. Let me know if you head down to Petit in Atlanta, we always make a nice long weekend out of it.

^^^ That 911 GT1 flipping is insane! I remember seeing the vids of that. Didn't one of those take flight during Le Mans as well that year???
I thought it was a year or two later - several times the Mercedes Benz CLRs flipped at the hump at the end of the Mulsanne straight. A BMW prototype also flipped at Road Atlanta in less dramatic style a few years later.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to try and make it to the Petit Le Mans this year as well. Roadtrip all the way from Texas! Its not all that far, I've done the drive before.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JC919
I'm going to try and make it to the Petit Le Mans this year as well. Roadtrip all the way from Texas! Its not all that far, I've done the drive before.
Oh snap. Lets hang.

And look what you can see....

Quick Reply: What is a good race series to see this year in the US