Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

NorCal Meet Up at Infineon Raceway for the Wine Country Classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
The CSL is most definitely amazing, but those Can Am cars would have had me drooling all over the place.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:22 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Is that the Auto Union car that was supposed to be the most expensive car in the world?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Is that the Auto Union car that was supposed to be the most expensive car in the world?
Yes. I spoke with the Bonahms & Butterfield's rep (who was at the race) about that topic and the "authentication" issue with the car which led to its ultimate withdrawl from the auction a year or so ago when it was supposed to sell of upwards of 16 to 18 mil at auction. He said that the car's history has been authenticated and that the car is up available in their upcoming auction on Friday, August 14th at Quail Lodge. He said they were expecting at least 8 mil for it this time around.

It is a truly stunning and magnificent piece of machinery.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
The CSL is most definitely amazing, but those Can Am cars would have had me drooling all over the place.
You should have heard them!!!! There were numerous McLaren's, Lola's and Chevrons, but the Shadow DN4 with a 900+ HP big block, complete with black Kinsler injection stacks and the driver wearing a black suit with a black helmet was my favorite for the day.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I've got my own dedicated picture thread on the way this afternoon, but here's a taste for now:

BigE & I next to the Auto Union:

Old 06-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Here are the results and some other photos courtesy of Sports Car Digest:

2009 Wine Country Classic Results and Photo Gallery | Sports Car Digest - The Sports, Racing and Vintage Car Journal

What's funny is that when I was looking through the pics, I can tell exactly where the photos were taken and I remember seeing the one guy with a media pass (only media credentials I saw all day) hopping a fence to get set up where these were taken from. Damn, if I knew who this guy was, I would've introduced myself!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the article.