Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.
View Poll Results: Should McLaren scrap this season if not in contention soon?
Yes
42.86%
No
57.14%
Other (explain in post)
0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Lewis Hamilton Says McLaren Could Scrap Season Soon

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Lewis Hamilton Says McLaren Could Scrap Season Soon

Obviously frustrated, Lewis told the The Mirror some pretty ill-advised things.

What do you think? Vote in the poll!

Taken from Planet-F1 News. Full text available here: McLaren may have to knock the season on the head - Planet-F1 News - from planet-f1.com.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

My vote is in,,, who would have thought before the beginning of the season that Ferrari and Mclaren are not going to aggressively compete against each other to win the Championship.. Its very stunning that by now it seems they don’t even have a chance and against who a team that just entered the game... this is a historic season... enjoy what you are watching despite the disappointment you might have seeing your teams that helpless

oh and Dana for the record

Last edited by Bonita; 05-20-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Of course NOT!!!

I would hate to be a sponsor of McLaren and have to read this crap. The many millions of dollars they throw at the team and their world champ driver is hinting at giving up. Give me a f@cking break! So you have a bad season, well its motor racing and stuff doesn't always go your way. A team with the resources of McLaren should adapt and overcome, its not like this is the first sh!tty season they've had.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

to be fair he is not the only one, it seems like a trend, and every racer other than the brawns seems to have this down spirit. just check Massa comments

https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...out-title.html

Old 05-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Of course NOT!!!

I would hate to be a sponsor of McLaren and have to read this crap. The many millions of dollars they throw at the team and their world champ driver is hinting at giving up. Give me a f@cking break! So you have a bad season, well its motor racing and stuff doesn't always go your way. A team with the resources of McLaren should adapt and overcome, its not like this is the first sh!tty season they've had.
Yeah Ron Dennis would get his @$$ with the program if he were still running the F1 side of things. It really makes me dislike drivers when they complain like that. I don't ever remember Michael whining like a b!tch about the team ... sure he complained about things, but not like that (again, as far as I can recall). I'm sure Lewis's mechanics and engineers will now want to do an even better job on his car this weekend!

Old 05-20-2009, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The problem is that Brawn scrapped the 2008 season which gave them almost 15 months to develop their aero package. And we all know how that is turning out.

Brawn's move makes scrapping the season early on seem like a legitimate strategy when it really isn't.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
??

Originally Posted by Barrister
The problem is that Brawn scrapped the 2008 season which gave them almost 15 months to develop their aero package. And we all know how that is turning out.

Brawn's move makes scrapping the season early on seem like a legitimate strategy when it really isn't.
Why isn't it??

Old 05-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Guest
Why isn't it??
To me, giving up is never a competative strategy. As bad as Honda was last year, I thought that they had an obligation to their sponsors, drivers, fans and F1 to stay in and fight the good fight. They quit and Honda left F1 and everyone was nearly out of a job.

Sure, they are kicking butt this year. But at what cost?? They don't have a single long-term partner beyond this season. What happens next year when all the other teams catch up? Who will want to sign with them then? By quitting in 2008 Brawn bought itself one season of dominance. To me, that is not what F1 is all about.

I just don't think you mortgate your long-term success to get the jump on the competition for one season.

Last edited by Barrister; 05-20-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Barrister, I couldn't put it any better myself. If Max was serious about leveling the grid he would have put a pre season development start date in effect as opposed to allowing a headstart for a team like Brawn then limiting them as well as the rest of the field AFTER the fact. You know it's bad when you can make the defending champion and runner-up throw in the towel, imagine the NBA making rules so bad that Kobe and Lebron didn't want to compete anymore.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Barrister
To me, giving up is never a competative strategy. As bad as Honda was last year, I thought that they had an obligation to their sponsors, drivers, fans and F1 to stay in and fight the good fight. They quit and Honda left F1 and everyone was nearly out of a job.

Sure, they are kicking butt this year. But at what cost?? They don't have a single long-term partner beyond this season. What happens next year when all the other teams catch up? Who will want to sign with them then? By quitting in 2008 Brawn bought itself one season of dominance. To me, that is not what F1 is all about.

I just don't think you mortgate your long-term success to get the jump on the competition for one season.
I thought you were gonna say something along the lines of them being able to take advantage of the rules change and that wouldn't be a possibility for subsequent seasons (at least for a few years probably). I DO agree that they have an obligation to their sponsors to fight it out, but they need to be pragmatic about things. After a few more races of the same performance, they'll have to switch I think. Or risk the same problems next year when Ferrari and everyone else are potentially throwing it all into next year.

Quick Reply: Lewis Hamilton Says McLaren Could Scrap Season Soon