Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.
View Poll Results: Do the new entries in F1 help or harm the quality of the sport?
Help
50.00%
Harm
16.67%
Other (please explain in post)
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

4 New Teams Confirm 2010 F1 Entry, Ferrari Criticizes Quality

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
4 New Teams Confirm 2010 F1 Entry, Ferrari Criticizes Quality

Read both articles below and then think about this question: Are new teams good for F1 or are they diluting the quality of the sport?

What's your view?? Vote in the poll!

Taken from https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/www.autosport.com. Full text available at: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75440.

Taken from https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-stop/www.autosport.com. Full text available at: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75443.

Last edited by Barrister; 05-20-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
I think new blood would be good for the sport.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Do you think that Ferrari is acting like a bunch of pompus asses?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister

yes.....and they are allowed to be

Old 05-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah. But saying that the new teams couldn't even afford to attend a GP as spectators was a bit harsh!

Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I voted other and here is my reason.

1) USF1 has got my vote for two reason, there American and the have Peter f@cking Windsor!
2) Lola has been around forever and used to be in F1, so again they will be fine with me
3) RML is an established team that has done well in sportscar and touring cars, so they are okay.

However, according to Autosport the list is almost seven deep with the number of teams looking to join or apply for next year and I just think that is too many cars on the grid. Especially since all of these teams will be constructors of cars and not engines. I'm worried that this will cause the FIA to move to standardized engine, which is something I truly dread. I could go on much more, but I've got to take a colleague to the airport.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Not really. Exclusivity is an important part of F1's commercial appeal. Ferrari knows this. And Bernie certainly does - he cultivated that image.

Originally Posted by .:Raul
yes.....and they are allowed to be
And even IF they were pompous ... they know they can get away with it!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Question

Originally Posted by JC919
I voted other and here is my reason.

1) USF1 has got my vote for two reason, there American and the have Peter f@cking Windsor!
2) Lola has been around forever and used to be in F1, so again they will be fine with me
3) RML is an established team that has done well in sportscar and touring cars, so they are okay.

However, according to Autosport the list is almost seven deep with the number of teams looking to join or apply for next year and I just think that is too many cars on the grid. Especially since all of these teams will be constructors of cars and not engines. I'm worried that this will cause the FIA to move to standardized engine, which is something I truly dread. I could go on much more, but I've got to take a colleague to the airport.
I REALLY like the USGPE/USF1 team, especially given that they are gonna be in the south!

However, I wonder what the FIA is gonna when they have 30+ cars trying to line up on the grid. And what happens when finances return to the good old days of $x00 million dollar budgets - will the new teams have to up sticks?

Old 05-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Bringing in teams with no notoriety would put F1 on par with sports car racings prototype category where the teams only supported/recognized by fans if they are funded enough to bring in known drivers(which I doubt they will in F1 since they NEEDED the budget cap to join), but I don't agree with Ferrari insulting teams with nothing but intentions of adding to the sport.

Can anyone share a bit of history when new outfits joined the grid in F1's past? I'd like to use that as a benchmark but I remember most new teams being started by former drivers which made notoriety/name recognition no issue.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
The Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond reputeThe Doctor has a reputation beyond repute
4 new teams mean 8 more cars on the grid. That's a lot isn't it?

Quick Reply: 4 New Teams Confirm 2010 F1 Entry, Ferrari Criticizes Quality