Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

New Arai & Bell F1 Standard Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 01:30 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
New Arai & Bell F1 Standard Helmets

Arai GP-6 RC $5100

This year it will be obligatory to use FIA 8860:2004 homologated helmets in several international and national car racing disciplines. Arai have developed a new car racing carbon fiber GP-6 RC helmet, which meets and exceeds the FIA 8860:2004 approval standard. At the moment Arai can only produce a limited batch of the GP-6 RC helmets in time for the racing season of these disciplines, where it will be mandatory to use this new standard. The demand is considerably higher than the number of helmets available. Distribution of the first batch of GP-6 RC's has to be restricted to one GP-6 RC per licensed driver, needing a FIA 8860:2004 approved helmet for the class(es) he/she is competing in.

Bell HP3 $3600

The Bell HP3 is the first helmet to meet the FIA8860 standard and has been designed through close collaboration with leading F1 drivers and teams. The HP3 features an ultra-lightweight all carbon shell and an advanced energy absorbing liner system. The helmet has a front lip to provide aerodynamic stability and purpose designed top and chin bar vents to maximize airflow inside the helmet. The helmet is certified to the Snell SA2005 and FIA 8860 standards.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
If I ever buy an ultra-expensive helmet, I'd like to get one modeled after Senna's iconic design. Might border on sacrilege though...

Old 05-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
If I ever buy an ultra-expensive helmet, I'd like to get one modeled after Senna's iconic design. Might border on sacrilege though...
Not to be morbid, but don't forget - it was a flaw in the design of his helmet that actually lead to his death . . .

Old 05-09-2009, 02:41 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
unless you are competing in a category requiring the use of this standard helmet it would be pretty pointless to get one. the regular arai GP5 would more than suit your needs and costs 80% less.

as far as modeling it after senna's design...saying that is sacrilege is an understatement. if you were on the circuit with me i would certainly put you on the grass. you have no idea how galling that would be to other drivers.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
unless you are competing in a category requiring the use of this standard helmet it would be pretty pointless to get one. the regular arai GP5 would more than suit your needs and costs 80% less.

as far as modeling it after senna's design...saying that is sacrilege is an understatement. if you were on the circuit with me i would certainly put you on the grass. you have no idea how galling that would be to other drivers.
what a dick move, how rediculous of a statement is that.

and the raw carbon helmets are so trick looking!

Old 05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Cool

Originally Posted by Barrister
Not to be morbid, but don't forget - it was a flaw in the design of his helmet that actually lead to his death . . .
Yes, a problem with the physical specification of the visor if I'm not mistaken; my comment is only with respect to the graphics/decals.

Of course I'm aware that there are cheaper helmets that will do the job just fine for anything other than F1 or Le Mans competition. That's why I made note of it in my earlier post.

As for the second paragraph of your post ... I won't say anything I will regret.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Wut?

Just make sure you don't push him into a wall in a left hander ...

Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 AM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Senna's iconic design. Might border on sacrilege though...
Ask Danas ( Barrister ) boyfriend Louis Hamilton about that...

Old 05-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
but wanted to share...
just got me a RKT101 Carbon Helmet:
The fit is great
Nice and light
Noise level is low
Looks fantastic

Old 05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I've had an Arai GP-5 for about a year and I absolutely love it. It would take someone paying me to race in order to need one of these helmets.

Quick Reply: New Arai & Bell F1 Standard Helmets