Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 teams handed £40m budget cap

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
And I'm happy they're excluding a few things, but I'm not happy about one exclusion.

Driver Salaries.

I'm pretty sure Kimi can live with out his 20 million dollar salary at F1.

Hell, I'd take F1 parts home as a worker for the Scuderia Ferrari team. Oh left over front spoiler? Sweet! Thanks!

These are getting paid millions to do the thing they love.
Why in the world does this bother you? I'm happy for them. I don't begrudge them a penny, and can't relate on any level to why you would.

I like the cap though, but what a nightmare to police. What value do you assign to, say, all of the facilities that Ferrari already has. Likewise how do you account for a guy in the R&D department for road cars at Ferrari, who comes up with a good idea for the race team and sends it over. It seems to me that the teams associated with an automobile manufacture have the most to gain from this arrangement, even though Ferrari opposes it because they also have the highest budget in the sport.

I would think, with the no rev limit, and unlimited testing, teams would have to go for it. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old 05-01-2009, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Why in the world does this bother you? I'm happy for them. I don't begrudge them a penny, and can't relate on any level to why you would.
Doesn't bother me at all. I find it funny to be honest with you. But Alex made a good point, and I agree with them. They deserve the money, but 20 million is a little bit of a stretch.

Don't you think?

Old 05-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
Doesn't bother me at all. I find it funny to be honest with you. But Alex made a good point, and I agree with them. They deserve the money, but 20 million is a little bit of a stretch.

Don't you think?
hmmm do I smell a commie?

Old 05-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MexicoBlue

I like the cap though, but what a nightmare to police. What value do you assign to, say, all of the facilities that Ferrari already has. Likewise how do you account for a guy in the R&D department for road cars at Ferrari, who comes up with a good idea for the race team and sends it over. It seems to me that the teams associated with an automobile manufacture have the most to gain from this arrangement, even though Ferrari opposes it because they also have the highest budget in the sport.

I would think, with the no rev limit, and unlimited testing, teams would have to go for it. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
+1 F1 Drivers are highly skilled and I applaud them for spending countless hours on fitness, conditioning, and testing, after a decade-long minimum of progressing through the ranks. They deserve the money; they have legitimate skills, and I KNOW everyone on here can at least agree on that one.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
How can they possibly police and enforce the budget cap? Can you imagine the cost involved in oversight of such a cap? I have a feeling the teams are going to largely be on the honor system - until they win. And the teams that think they will be competative will figure out a myriad of ways to hide what they spend.

Do you guys really think that this can be any more effective than the NFL salary cap? Dan Marino doesn't own 5 car dealerships in Miami for nothin'!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
... Do you guys really think that this can be any more effective than the NFL salary cap? Dan Marino doesn't own 5 car dealerships in Miami for nothin'!
W O W
Dan Marino:s name in a GP thread... whats this world coming to?!?

Yes it will be hell to impose, but the idea of having this IMO is great. Now it is all in the execution

Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
How can they possibly police and enforce the budget cap? Can you imagine the cost involved in oversight of such a cap? I have a feeling the teams are going to largely be on the honor system - until they win. And the teams that think they will be competative will figure out a myriad of ways to hide what they spend.

Do you guys really think that this can be any more effective than the NFL salary cap? Dan Marino doesn't own 5 car dealerships in Miami for nothin'!
The budget cap is essentially put into place as another way for McLaren to get busted for something.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alzilla
The budget cap is essentially put into place as another way for McLaren to get busted for something.
LOL
to the great AlZilla