Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Alonso: "We Handed Red Bull The Win"

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso: "We Handed Red Bull The Win"

What a gutsy drive he had at Malaysia. Gained a lot of respect for him.

Source: http://www.planet-f1.com/news/3213/6...d-Bull-The-Win.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:09 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
quattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond reputequattro joe has a reputation beyond repute
It's a long season

Old 04-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso was looking really fast and if it wasn't for that gearbox/engine problem, he would've been much closer to winning it. Red Bull has been looking REALLY fast though.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not a fan of Alonso, but I was extremely impressed with how he drove the car given the problem it had. You could tell (as the announcers pointed out) he was having a lot of problems with the downshift / engine braking going into corners and was often wide. How he managed to stay competitive until the last 2 laps is a testament to skill.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
edbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond reputeedbhr has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
I'm not a fan of Alonso, but I was extremely impressed with how he drove the car given the problem it had. You could tell (as the announcers pointed out) he was having a lot of problems with the downshift / engine braking going into corners and was often wide. How he managed to stay competitive until the last 2 laps is a testament to skill.
agreed, rep to you Gobbles.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
I definitely gained a lot of respect for Alonso as well. I knew he's one of the quickest drivers in the field and very talented, but yesterday's race put him on a new level for me. Keeping the car competitive for 2 hours with the transmission issues takes a lot of mental strength.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Completely agree with what everyone else has posted. I too, gained even more respect for Alonso this weekend. It was such a shame to have that amazing drive only to have the engine give in with less than two laps to go.

Only thing I wondered is, what is truly 'necessary' for him to put that last move on Button? As soon as he went by and overshot the turn a bit, it all went wrong and the engine blew. Seemed he could have just stuck to Jensen's gearbox the rest of the race and ended up with a couple of points and an engine still intact. Especially since Ferrari is now likely to be using engine number 4 already in China.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by krenshaw
Only thing I wondered is, what is truly 'necessary' for him to put that last move on Button? As soon as he went by and overshot the turn a bit, it all went wrong and the engine blew. Seemed he could have just stuck to Jensen's gearbox the rest of the race and ended up with a couple of points and an engine still intact. Especially since Ferrari is now likely to be using engine number 4 already in China.
Was it necessary? No.

Is that kind of attitude what makes Alonso a champion? Yes.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
krenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond reputekrenshaw has a reputation beyond repute
Definitely wasn't questioning his heart.

Guess I was just trying to politely state that I thought it was a silly move, after such a masterfully raced 54 laps. Tough now for Ferrari to be going halfway through their engine allotment, with 16 races to go.

Old 04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by krenshaw
Definitely wasn't questioning his heart.

Guess I was just trying to politely state that I thought it was a silly move, after such a masterfully raced 54 laps. Tough now for Ferrari to be going halfway through their engine allotment, with 16 races to go.
THAT I agree with, but Alonso is not going to back off from a fight. Once he does, he will be like Schumi: old news.

YouTube - Alonso passes Schumacher Japan 2005 second time

Quick Reply: Alonso: "We Handed Red Bull The Win"