Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Haug: "Senna needed route to F1"

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Haug: "Senna needed route to F1"

Formula One news: Haug: "Senna needed route to F1" - GPUpdate.net Formula One

Mercedes-Benz was unable to guarantee Bruno Senna a Formula One drive, which is why he elected not to drive for the marquee in touring car racing, according to Norbert Haug. The Brazilian had been linked with a drive in the German DTM series, but handed back the offer after being informed that Formula 1 would not be a certainty.

"We discussed it, and he wanted to have a firm commitment to get into F1," Haug, Mercedes Motorsport's vice president, told Autosport. "I spoke to Ross and Martin and we said 'yes, we can develop options', but we cannot guarantee it 100 per cent." Haug refers to Ross Brawn and Martin Whitmarsh, respective team principals of Brawn GP and McLaren, both of which use Mercedes engines as well as with Force India.

"I fully respect Bruno's position but I do hope that, in half a year's time, he doesn't wish he would have done it," Haug continued. "If, after first practice in Hockenheim an F1 boss would have phoned to say 'you can drive my car', he would have been free to step out. But I don't want to argue. Bruno is a good guy, a very flamboyant and good guy - he just chose a different path.

Haug, despite not writing up a contract with Senna, defended the matter that that all young racing drivers should aspire to reach Formula One. Bruno, since missing out on a Brawn GP seat for this season, also tested for the Oreca Le Mans Series team for which he has since signed a deal for 2009, and went on to claim pole position and second place in the race at the first meeting of the season in Barcelona.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Force India should've snapped him up to replace Sutil.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Force India should've snapped him up to replace Sutil.
surely you're joking?

you mean fisi right?

Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
surely you're joking?

you mean fisi right?
Either/Or. They both suck!

Old 04-22-2009, 09:32 AM
FIGJAM
i don't agree. fisi may be past his prime but sutil has shown signs of pace and deserves a chance. recall monaco 2008. saying either of them "suck" is pretty telling on your part, fisi has had a long, decent career and sutil has shown he can keep pace with lewis (also they are mates) so i can't agree with your summation.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by IIVVX
i don't agree. fisi may be past his prime but sutil has shown signs of pace and deserves a chance. recall monaco 2008. saying either of them "suck" is pretty telling on your part, fisi has had a long, decent career and sutil has shown he can keep pace with lewis (also they are mates) so i can't agree with your summation.
Fisi is well past his prime (recall him missing his pit box in Melbourne) and Sutil may show that he has the pace to challenge the best, but not the consistency. He seems to have an accident or go flying off the track in nearly every race this season.

Last edited by Alzilla; 04-22-2009 at 07:05 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I expected more from you Al. Sutil is a damn good driver in a sh!t team. No way in hell Bruno would go to FI. He should have taken the Toro Rosso route, but by now their more than content with Buemi.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:39 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Give 'Zilla a break, he's fairly new to F1.

Old 04-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Alex
Give 'Zilla a break, he's fairly new to F1.
Hahaha I might have to eat my words. You guys clearly see some hidden talent in him that I don't. I've actually been toying with the idea of adding him to my fantasy roster tonight...

Old 04-23-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
You will learn never to frown on a driver stuck in a bad team - Alonso is the most recent example (rep if you name the team that launched his career in F1).

Quick Reply: Haug: "Senna needed route to F1"