Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 NEWS - Double Diffusers To Be Ruled Legal Says Daily Mail

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
F1 NEWS - Double Diffusers To Be Ruled Legal Says Daily Mail

The Daily Mail is reporting that the double-decker diffusers being used by Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams are to be held legal by the FIA.

Many other reports of a similar nature are floating around. Not much of a shock though.

Last edited by Barrister; 04-14-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute

Old 04-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Hooray!!! I'm glad I kept Jenson Button AND Barrichello!

Time to go snap up Lewis before things get crazy!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Read some stuff about the inquest on Planet F1... I think the trump card for Williams, Brawn, and Toyota is that they were excluded from the aero working group. That circle-jerk cost the other teams as Williams, Brawn, and Toyota had the actual rules to go by, not some "agreement" made at the working group. The best thing the FIA can do is to let the diffusers stand. If they meet the description in the technical regs, it's pretty cut and dried. Get to work everyone else!! I'm still a Ferrari fan, but the shot of excitement injected by Brawn's success is welcome.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Here's Brawn's response:

Ross Brawn has been called out specifically by both Bernie Ecclestone and Renault's Flavio Briatore because he is the technical representative for the Formula One Teams Alliance. Both accused him in a roundabout way of using the rules to his advantage from his privileged position and leaving the others in the dust. In reply, Brawn said "I did explain that I felt we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needed to be done. I offered them, and they were rejected. We needed to clean the rules up, but nobody was interested. They're interested now."

Old 04-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Here's Brawn's response:

Ross Brawn has been called out specifically by both Bernie Ecclestone and Renault's Flavio Briatore because he is the technical representative for the Formula One Teams Alliance. Both accused him in a roundabout way of using the rules to his advantage from his privileged position and leaving the others in the dust. In reply, Brawn said "I did explain that I felt we should have a different set of rules to simplify what needed to be done. I offered them, and they were rejected. We needed to clean the rules up, but nobody was interested. They're interested now."
Ross Brawn is my hero.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Ross Brawn is my hero.
+1. Now is the perfect time for him to say: "I told you so."

Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I bet Ferrari wishes they had him back.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Right now somewhere in Shanghai, Ferrari, McLaren, and others' team engineers and techs are quickly unloading freighters full of double-decker diffusers. It is already Wednesday there, and they will spend most of the next two days fitting and tweaking them. They've worked for weeks to forge them. Now we'll get to see if they work, and how long it takes for them to catch Brawn. I love how calm and collected Brawn is every time they show him or talk to him. Ferrari and Luca must be seething with envy and wishing they still had him. Amazing.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Yes! Now lets get back to racing - ON THE TRACK!

It will be interesting now to see how the big teams respond this weekend.

Quick Reply: F1 NEWS - Double Diffusers To Be Ruled Legal Says Daily Mail