Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

F1 NEWS - Double Diffusers To Be Ruled Legal Says Daily Mail

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond reputejenk12m has a reputation beyond repute
glad to see it got approved. quick note: anyone who has won the 1st 2 races of the season has gone on to win the champioship

Old 04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Over_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond reputeOver_Under has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jenk12m
glad to see it got approved. quick note: anyone who has won the 1st 2 races of the season has gone on to win the champioship
Great stat, thanks! We'll see if Button can hold it down for a 3rd in a row. I hope there's no rain and we have a clean race on the merits.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Rain is in the forecast.

I expect the grid to stay largely the same with Brawn, Toyota and Williams in the mix early. But by the end we will see at least one of the Ferrari drivers and Lewis fighting for a podium. Mark my words.

Your chance to laugh at me will come in the banter thread - BE THERE!

Old 04-15-2009, 06:20 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jenk12m
It just got approved. Here's the FIA...

In a short statement, the FIA declared:

'The FIA International Court of Appeal has decided to deny the appeals submitted against decisions numbered 16 to 24 taken by the Panel of the Stewards on 26 March at the 2009 Grand Prix of Australia and counting towards the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship.

'Based on the arguments heard and evidence before it, the Court has concluded that the Stewards were correct to find that the cars in question comply with the applicable regulations.

'Full reasons for this decision will be provided in due course.'

Old 04-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
I saw it in the news today.. its about time....

And i agree with you all it will be interesting to see how the big teams will respond..

I sold Barrichello yestereday :P

Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
My guess is that although the others will narrow the gap, Brawn will remain the class of the field throughout the season, and will win the championship.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
My guess is that although the others will narrow the gap, Brawn will remain the class of the field throughout the season, and will win the championship.
I think you might be right. I predict Brawn will continue moving forward and winning races with the momentum they already have while the big dogs keep playing catch up. There were rumors that the Brawn GP transmissions might be a little on the weak side (perhaps another reason why they aren't running KERS this season?) so future reliability could be an issue. Another thing that could shake up the racing in Shanghai is the fact that due to the new rules about how long a team must run the same engine, most teams are going to be running the same engine for the third straight race, so I predict more than a few engine failures.

Old 04-15-2009, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond reputeMayoof has a reputation beyond repute
Trio cleared over diffusers

Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams free to continue using device

The FIA International Court of Appeal has ruled that the diffusers used by the cars of Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams are legal.

The long-awaited verdict confirms Jenson Button's Brawn car stays atop the World Championship standings following wins in the season's first two races in Australia and Malaysia.

During an eight-hour hearing on Tuesday, Ferrari, Renault, Red Bull and BMW Sauber challenged the three teams in front of five ICA judges.

The FIA had initially ruled that the design of the aerodynamic device fitted to the back of the cars was in line with the sport's new technical regulations.

Ruling

However, a statement from the FIA after Wednesday's verdict read: "The FIA International Court of Appeal has decided to deny the appeals submitted against decisions numbered 16 to 24 taken by the Panel of the Stewards on March 26 at the Australian Grand Prix and counting towards the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship.

"Based on the arguments heard and evidence before it, the court concluded that the stewards were correct to find that the cars in question comply with the applicable regulations.

"Full reasons for this decision will be provided in due course."

The decision leaves Brawn GP, Toyota and Williams free to race in this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix in Shanghai, and ensures their seven rivals are left playing catch up.

Reaction

Toyota admitted after the appeal verdict that they had always had "every confidence" that the design of their car would be confirmed as legal.

"As we have maintained throughout, our team studied the wording of the new 2009 regulations in precise detail to ensure we interpreted them correctly," the team said in a statement.

"We also made full use of the consultation procedure with the FIA which was a helpful process to ensure our interpretation of the technical regulations was correct.

"Therefore we had every confidence that the design of our car would be confirmed as legal, firstly by race stewards in Australia and Malaysia and subsequently by the Court of Appeal."

Brawn GP team principal Ross Brawn is keen to move on from the row with his team favourite to complete a hat-trick of wins on Sunday.

"We are pleased with the decision," Brawn said. "We respect the right of our competitors to query any design or concept used on our cars through the channels available to them.

"The FIA technical department, the stewards at the Australian and Malaysian Grands Prix and now five judges at the International Court of Appeal have confirmed our belief that our cars have always strictly complied with the 2009 technical regulations.

"The decision of the International Court of Appeal brings this matter to a conclusion and we look forward to continuing on the track the challenge of what has been a very exciting start to the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship."

Source: SkySport News

Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2009, 10:32 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Glad they held up the decission to keep the diffusers legal.

Now I wonder which one of the other teams is ready with their own version for China? I'm sure Ferrari and McLaren have been holding their engineers hostage overnight to work this out... but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that BMW has been working on this for a while now because they were not sure what way the FIA would go on the verdict.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
this is exactly what I wanted to happen... let the real competition begin now and lets see if some of the veterans can prove their worth!

Quick Reply: F1 NEWS - Double Diffusers To Be Ruled Legal Says Daily Mail