Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Put Schumacher on the pitwall, Lauda tells Ferrari

Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Put Schumacher on the pitwall, Lauda tells Ferrari

As Ferrari staged a nearly three hour 'crisis meeting' at Maranello, Niki Lauda leapt to the defence of Michael Schumacher.

It is believed that Schumacher, the Italian team's seven time world champion and advisor, was not invited to the meeting chaired by President Luca di Montezemolo.

The meeting followed Ferrari's worst start to a world championship since 1992, where after the Malaysian Grand Prix at the weekend the Italian and German press chided Schumacher's role in the strategy blunders.

Even French newspapers joined in, one suggesting that Sepang proved that 'the Schumacher myth is over'.

"There should be more respect for a seven time world champion," his manager Willi Weber told Sport Bild.

Former champion Lauda, although scolding the team for making a wrong call last Sunday, now defends Schumacher. He deflects the criticism to Ferrari, for leaving Schumacher's actual role too ambiguous.

"If I was Ferrari I would have Michael on the pitwall," said the Austrian, "and not half-way here and half-way there.”

"He would be making decisions a hundred times better than some engineer. What would I say to Ferrari? 'Use his experience! Put him up there!' There is no-one better,"
Lauda added.

It is rumoured that Stefano Domenicali does not have plans to summon Schumacher to the third round of the championship in China next weekend.

E.A. © CAPSIS International
Source: GMM

Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how tight Schumi and Ross Brawn are these days........

Old 04-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to have to concur with Lauda here. Michael Schumacher needs to be given some actual responsibilities before he can be held responsible for any of Ferrari's blunders so far this season.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
Hahaha oh man, what a great team that could be!

Something tells me that Ferrari would never let that happen though. That, and MS has given his heart and soul to Ferrari. I doubt he'd ever walk away for another team.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Probably pretty tight; it seems like they were the two most important individuals involved in the epic run of titles. There were other players, sure, but it probably wouldn't have happened without Brawn, and obviously not without Schu.

Originally Posted by Alzilla
I'm going to have to concur with Lauda here. Michael Schumacher needs to be given some actual responsibilities before he can be held responsible for any of Ferrari's blunders so far this season.
Yes. He is the greatest of all time, period. Who better to have on your side making split second strategy decisions? Besides, they owe so much to him - if he wants to attend every race for the rest of his life with his immediate family in tow, drinking daiquiris and wearing Hawaiian shirts on the pit wall, they should let him.

Something tells me that Ferrari would never let that happen though. That, and MS has given his heart and soul to Ferrari. I doubt he'd ever walk away for another team.
You're right; they would sing a different tune tomorrow if he said "Well, boys, I'm miffed; think I'll go consult for Brawn. It was fun while it lasted!"

Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute

Do not underestimate the power of ego Its always fun to speculate. Imagine a Virgin funded team, run by Brawn, with Lewis (has to be pissed about situation with MacMerc right now) and Button driving, and Schumi as the lead "technical consultant........now THAT would be a team!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Do not underestimate the power of ego Its always fun to speculate. Imagine a Virgin funded team, run by Brawn, with Lewis (has to be pissed about situation with MacMerc right now) and Button driving, and Schumi as the lead "technical consultant........now THAT would be a team!!!!!!
Ferrari who? A Brawn GP like that would surely establish a new world order in Formula 1.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:29 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
That would be the team to end all teams!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Screw that - put Schumi back in the car!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone is too frantic at this point. The decision made tuesday will change all of this inter-team conflict/finger pointing. This isn't like '05 when Ferrari was just plain not ready for the new rules, they're losing to teams who found questionable "loop-holes". And it is crazy Shumi isn't on that wall.